Hoboken Week in Review: 1/15/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 07:57 am on January 15, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 15, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 15, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- St. Patrick’s Parade CANCELED – The Hoboken St. Patrick’s Parade Committee pulls the plug on the 25 year tradition, blames Mayor Zimmer for the “lame” Wednesday change.
- Burglaries on the rise in Hoboken – What are you doing to protect yourself?
- Letter: Hoboken Parks suck! – Just look around at how efficient other cities are compared to Hoboken.
- Don’t Call 911! – Memorize the phone number for Hoboken Police – much faster response!
- Hate Hoboken Schools? – You can get financial aid to some private schools for your kids.
Updates & Events
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – All new updates regarding the low carb life in Hoboken. Reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier you in the new year!
- Hertz on Demand Reviewed – Only worth it for those who hardly ever drive.
- Lisa Nobumoto – Jazzes up Helmers’ Restaurant with kickin’ music each Thursday!
- San Giuseppe Pizza – A solid Italian choice in Hoboken (with parking and BYOB!)
- Sparrow Wine Month! – Customer Appreciation month saves you money if you love wine.
- Clearview Cinemas – Some average movies playing this weekend…
Today in History
- 2009: U.S. Airways Flight 1549 splash lands in the Hudson River. And it floated right by little ‘ole Hoboken!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.”
Hoboken NJ– Ayn Rand