Hoboken Week in Review: 12/23/2011
Festivus Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 23, 2011
Christmas Weekend is here! Hope everyone enjoys the time with their families & friends!
Oh, and today is Festivus!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Friday, December 23, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken food trucks are doomed – City Hall hates that residents have choices in this town, and will do everything to take them away from you. In this case – many of the delicious and affordable lunch trucks.
- 3 Days to pay parking tickets? – Another dose of nonsense from the gang of professionals at the HPU.
- No free holiday parking in Hoboken! – Probably the only city in New Jersey that didn’t treat shoppers with respect.
- No change on parking boot thievery – How nonsensical is a four hour time limit to visit Hoboken?
- John Corea Pleads Guilty – Official misconduct charges for former head of Parking Authority in Hoboken.
- Maurice Fitzibbons – Former Hudson County Freeholder and genuine gentleman was laid to rest this week.
Business Updates & Events
- San Giuseppe Pizza – Now open uptown next to the movie theater.
- Hoboken on Rye – Jewish Deli set to feed downtown residents (for a price) early 2012.
- Tilted Kilt Pub – Reviewed.
- Hoboken New Year’s Eve – Various choices to make.
- Garden Street School of Performing Arts – Offers 5 Dance Classes for only $49. Hurry, offer ends this weekend.
- Tresorie Framing – Get $75 off your next custom frame job – offer ends soon.
- Clearview Cinemas – Movies are a good options for some this weekend. And Chinese food.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action.”