Pier Jumper creates drama in Hoboken
Hoboken Man jumps into Hudson from Maxwell Place Pier
For apparently the second time in a week, a man named “Juan” jumped into the Hudson River. This time, around 4:45pm this evening on the pier near Maxwell Place.
Hoboken Police, Fire and EMS were on scene (great job pulling him out guys!) as well as NYPD Harbor Patrol who arrived just as Juan was brought to safety. Whole extraction process took just about 15 minutes. If only pizza delivery was that efficient in Hoboken!
Hoboken411 Twitter Timeline of River Jumper Juan
If you followed Hoboken411 on Twitter – this is how it went down:
- 4:45pm: Apparent suicide jumper at 1130 maxwell place http://twitpic.com/7m9puy
- 4:46pm: Man is alive – under the pier crying for help… http://twitpic.com/7m9qdq
- 4:50pm: Man still ok under the pier… http://twitpic.com/7m9sfo
- 4:51pm: Big scene here in hoboken http://twitpic.com/7m9t4w
- 4:53pm: Jumper’s name is “juan” apparently the same guy as before… http://twitpic.com/7m9tzu
- 4:58pm: Chopper over head http://twitpic.com/7m9wcy
- 5:00pm: Juan pulled out safely in hoboken – good job HPD, HFD and EMS!! http://twitpic.com/7m9www