Hoboken General Election Primer
Sports gambling OK’d; Hoboken rent control amendments stay & more
- Public Question #1 – NJ Sports Betting (YES)
- Public Question #2 – Reverse Hoboken Rent Control Amendments (NO)
- State Senate – 33rd District (BRIAN STACK)
- General Assembly – 33rd District (RUBEN RAMOS, JR. & SEAN CONNORS)
- County Executive (TOM DEGISE)
- Freeholder – 5th District (ANTHONY ROMANO)
Any news other than this is just political minutia that only those close to the candidates care about. Have a nice night!
Two Public Questions to vote on – November 8, 2011
As some of you know tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8th is the 2011 “General Election” for NJ Senator (33rd District) and other state and county positions. But more important than political talking heads, are two specific issues that the voting public can decide the fate of.
If you don’t care to read the fine print on the ballot – below is the quick & simple explanation of what your vote means:
Public Question #1: Legalizing Sports Betting
Right now, the only states in America you can legally make sports wagers are Nevada and Delaware. You can bet on horses here in NJ, but that’s it. This public question is whether to allow sports wagering in New Jersey (since illegal betting is done online anyway, NJ wishes to capitalize on the revenue).
- YES – you support legalized sports betting at NJ casinos and racetracks.
- NO – you do not want legalized sports betting in New Jersey.
Public Question #2: Repealing the Z-88 Rent Control Ordinance
This public question is only for Hoboken residents, to repeal the Rent Control amendments the City Council recently approved. The city revised the Rent Control regulations in Hoboken more in favor of landlords, and this vote will decide if those amendments will be reversed to their original (pro-tenant) state.
- YES – Repeal the Rent Control amendments the city made (THIS IS PRO-TENANT)
- NO – Keep the Rent Control amendments (THIS IS PRO LANDLORD)