Hoboken Week in Review: 11/6/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 6, 2011
Check out the Hoboken Weekend Planner for some suggestions for today – and read on to see what happened last week in town.
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 6, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking Meter Nonsense – The new robotic parking meters seem to inconvenience everyone.
- More ruthless ticketing – Parking enforcement getting out of control – even when the car is practically moving!
- HUMC Mania – The Hospital “deal” is riddled with bad vibes.
- Developer Does Good – Despite the negativity coming from Hoboken City Hall, leave it up to a Real Estate Developer to bring some positive news to the city!
Business Updates & Events
- Hoboken Artists Studio Tour – Concludes today.
- Sweet Nicholas – Celebrates their first year in Hoboken.
- Iconic Fashion Lounge – Opens their doors to dress up local gals & guys.
- Tilted Kilt Pub – Ready to open soon!
- San Giuseppe Pizza – Also should open before Thanksgiving.
- KoKo FitClub – Doing well – seeking 2nd location in town.
- Hoboken Music Awards – Set to launch next week!
- Cats of the Week – Are you ready to adopt some felines?
Today in History
- 1971: 40 years ago today, the largest American underground Nuclear Bomb test (Project Cannikan) took place off the coast of Alaska:
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.”