Hoboken Week in Review – 7/1/2007
The year is officially 1/2 over. The pessimist says the best is over, and the optimist says the best is yet to come. I say thank you for summer and plentiful parking and quieter neighborhoods!
Drunks seem to be more prevalent, the 4th Ward never dies, another dog moves into Hoboken and dry cleaners are closing? What else happened in Hoboken this week?
Feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Keeping it real, or not? – I thought the NY Times was supposed to be respectable?.
- iCan’tBelieveIt – Dozens of people line up to get suckered into two-year agreements ($3,000) for the “hot” new Apple iPhone.
- Fourth Ward – Zimmer being sworn in today. Is there a major surprise coming around the corner with Campos? Stay tuned, you never know!
- I got no plans – A look at the recent developments (or lack thereof) at The Hoboken Planning Board.
- Have a drink on me… later – Chris Campos has his DWI trial delayed again.
- Abundant Parking – Images come in of more city vehicles in inappropriate places.
- Discounts – Get Out Hudson starts their promotional discount program today at selected Hoboken shops.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Maxxed Out – Some progress updates about the much maligned Maxwell Place Condos.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Dried Out – Say it isn’t so. A dry cleaner shuts down!
- Dried Out II? – Another dry cleaner! But they may be moving to another location instead.
- Get out of Hoboken – Checked out the new Park Avenue Bar & Grill in nearby Union City.
- Goaaaaal! – Another Hoboken blogger checks out the new Premier Soccer Shop on 1st Street.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Birdy – A reader finds a Cockatiel bird. Wants to find owner before it ends up in the deep-fryer.
- Save that spot! – Parking is valuable in Hoboken. This reader gets pissed about the people that “save spots”.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Oscar the
grouchdog – Hoboken411 gets an adorable new mascot. Saves him from misery.
- Sundays – A brief look at a summer Sunday in Hoboken. Video too.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Ruckus II – How a yet another melee (with injuries) on the west side turned into more debates about quality of life in Hoboken.
- Not porno – Business owner is misled when told they cannot video tape on the street. What is this? Nazi Germany?
Recent Town Incidents: