Things to do this weekend in Hoboken
Hoboken October Weekend Ideas
This weekend, we have a mixed bag of weather and it’s looking like Sunday is your best outdoor day. Let’s see what suggestions we can come up with for this weekend.
What to do in Hoboken this weekend?
Here are some suggestions this weekend:
- Blind Date? Want to go on a LITERAL blind date – and really fast and often? Then check out the Dating in the Dark “blind speed dating” over at Room 84 downtown tonight!
- Artsy? If you have ANY interest in the arts – then you do NOT want to miss the Digable Arts Festival at the Monroe Center this weekend (Saturday & Sunday).
- Couch Potato? If you’re gonna be a bum all weekend and catch up on your DVR – at least make room for Brothers on Call (Sunday at 9pm) – a new reality show on the DIY Network featuring a local Hoboken resident!
- Theater? Two weekends left to see God of Carnage at Monroe Center in Hoboken (which got rave reviews from folks that saw it), and the ongoing RACE by David Mamet at J CITY Theater over in neighboring Jersey City.
- In the mood for some fries? If you’re craving the salty, starchy goodness of some tasty french fried potatoes, you have a lot of positive choices to make in Hoboken. Some of Hoboken411’s favorites on “The Avenue” are: Maoz Vegetarian (315 Washington St.), Fresh Pommes Frites (207 Washington St.) and 1 Republik (221 Washington St.) which all do a great job. And if you can track down the mobile Seoul Food Korean Lunch Truck anywhere – you’ve also found a winning order of fries.
- More Pet Love! – Bark in the Park is in Hoboken this year (Church Square Park on Sunday).
- Oktoberfest? Technically, you can call anything you do during this month “Oktoberfest” like me. I did my Oktoberfest Laundry the other day, in fact. But it you’re a traditionalist, check out the Saints Peter & Paul Oktoberfest block party (Sat. 12-10pm) and the Hudson County CASA Beer-tasting Octoberfest fundraiser (Sat. 2-5pm) or swing over to the Zeppelin Hall Biergarten in Jersey City where its Oktoberfest till the end of the month!
Whatever you do – do it with love & kindness!