Hoboken Week in Review: 9/25/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 25, 2011
Hopefully the rain stays away between 11am and 6pm today for the Hoboken Fall Arts & Music Festival!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 25, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- HUMC Headache – Fraud, secrecy and doom! Hey, that’s what “REFORM” is all about in Hoboken!
- Pearson coming – Large NJ corporation said to employ up to 700 in Hoboken.
- Ramos on Hospital – NJ Assemblyman weighs in on the hospital debacle.
- City Council – Forced to be involved with the HUMC problem – when they were told to butt out.
Business Updates & Events
- Marty O’Brien’s Social Club – Officially opened at 1st & Bloomfield
- Whole Foods – Residents really want one here!
- Roku – Watch city council meetings live on your big screen TV.
- COMING SOON
Today in History
- 1911: Ground is broken at Fenway Park in Boston, MA – and is exactly where the Red Sox are playing the Yankees today to try and hang on to their Wild Card lead!
- Born 1917: Yankee baseball legend Phil Rizzuto.
- Died 1980: The best drummer of all time: John Bonham.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.”