Hoboken Week in Review – 6/17/2007
Whew! The election coverage is finally (almost) over. What will this week bring?
Here are some brief highlights from the entries of the past week.
Feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- Elections! – It seems as if the election coverage will be winding down now. See recaps for the 4th, 5th and 6th ward run-off elections..
- Fraud? – Reports abound regarding voter mis-behavior. Will anything serious come of this?.
- Assault! – Couple gets jumped by three thugs looking for directions near the PATH.
- Trust me – More chatter regarding a mixed use residential project seeking 13 zoning variances.
- LuLnO – Some pictures from the drunken ladies shopping night at LUA.
- Polka – Much to the delight of parents, mobs of kids eventually got exhausted from sugary snacks and ADHD activities.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- German – Helmer’s seems confident that they’ll be re-opening near or around the end of June. Anyone taking bets?
- Cut! – Uptown hair salon already admits they won’t be able to open when they thought.
- Crepe-y – One-of-a-kind food place is planning on taking over the old Sinatra Park Cafe. Readers have mixed opinions.
- Fast Progress – Seems like the Lexington “luxury rentals” project is putting up a floor a day.
- No entries – maybe something will become doomed this week.
- No businesses, but reviewed the elections instead.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Influence – Hoboken411 gets ranked by some “list”. At least it wasn’t a “worst” list.
- Spare Time – One reader found an article in another town that has firefighters doing “other things” with their downtime. Most people prefer that they just be on call at the station instead.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- City Hall is dangerous – Intersections are more harmful than people themselves.
Recent Town Incidents: