Hoboken Week in Review: 9/11/2011
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 11, 2011
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 11, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Shady HUMC Deal – Hoboken’s “Real Estate Transaction” for the Hospital looks bad. See what local politicians DON’T want you know.
- FEMA Funds for Hoboken – Our Governor gets us Federal bucks for Hurricane Irene damage.
- WTC view of Hoboken – Take a look at some exclusive photos of Hoboken – from the new World Trade Center.
- Someone will lose an eye – Tall people in danger due to tree branches that are out of control.
Hoboken Crime & Incidents
- HPU boots car with pooch inside! – As long as they get the ticket revenue – Hoboken’s Parking Utility would boot a car even if it had live human transplant organs inside!
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Concludes today.
- Free Health Check-Up – From Jersey City Medical Center “mobile” screening truck.
- Famous Mozzarella – Fiore’s written up in Time Magazine.
- NFL Catering – Joe’s Prime Meats offers a great deal for your game time grub.
- Jets or Giants? – Who will do better this year?
- Invented in Hoboken – “The Shopping Bag List.”
- Bronze Republic – Midtown tanning salon has seen better days.
- Harvest Cuisine – So have they…
- Dina’s Kiss & Makeup – New face-paint store for ladies and men who dig makeup.
- Hoboken Photographs – See the many new entries for the Photo of the Day series.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.”