2011 Feast of the Madonna Dei Martiri
2011 Hoboken Italian Festival
Reminder: “You can set your watch by it,” annual Hoboken Italian Festival starts today Thursday, September 8th – and ends on Sunday, September 11th.
Besides daily acts, street vendors and a beer garden – noteworthy events each year are the statue procession (see route map here) on Saturday and the spectacular fireworks show later that night (weather permitting).
Thursday, September 8th: “New Jersey American Idol Night”
- 6pm – 7:15pm: Hoboken Idol Competition
- 9:15pm – 9:30pm: Special Tribute to Lady Gaga
- 9:30pm – 10:15pm: New Jersey American Idols Finale
- 10:15pm – 11pm: Live DJ
Friday, September 9th: “Freestyle Friday”
- 6pm – 8pm: Local Guest DeeJays
- 8pm – 8:30pm: Pizza Eating Contest
- 8:30pm – 8:45pm: Borinque Posse
- 8:45pm – 9pm: Fascination
- 9:15pm – 9:45pm: Cynthia
- 9:45pm – 10:15pm: George LeMond
- 10:15pm – 11:00pm: Judy Torres
Saturday, September 10th: “Feast Day”
- 12:30pm – 1:45pm: Johnny Maggio sings Sinatra, Bennett, Martin
- 2:15pm – 3pm: Music from Molfetta, Italy
- 4:15pm – 5pm: Christopher Macchio, Tenor
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Debra Kaplan, Soprano
- 7pm – 8:30pm: Annual Cannoli-Eating Contest
- 8:30pm – 9:15pm: Opera 3000
- 9:15pm – 9:45pm: FIREWORKS!
Sunday, September 11th
- 1pm – 2pm: Music from Molfetta, Italy
- 4pm – 6:15pm: Krystal – “Hoboken’s Own Rock Band”
- 6:45pm – 7pm: Annual Grape Stomp Contest
- 7pm – 7:30pm: 9/11 Remembrance featuring Danny Aiello
- 8pm – 10pm: Bronx Wanderers
Enjoy the feast this year, and hope for great weather!