Hoboken Unleashed

CLOSED: Left the uncooperative business climate in Hoboken in 2014 and now is in Jersey City.

4/1/2007:
As of April 1, 2007, new owners have taken over the previous Graceland Doggie Day Care and will be running under the name “Hoboken Unleashed”.

I had a chance to visit the other day to check out the operation. It seemed like a well-run facility with ample staff to care for the dogs. During “play time”, the pups were allowed to run around in various walled-off areas. They have provisions for larger or smaller dogs, and canines that don’t get along with others. All the dogs I saw were having a grand ‘ole time frolicking in the main play area. Each section was well maintained with someone supervising the whole day, as well as frequent clean-ups.

Hoboken Unleashed also plans some site improvements over the upcoming weeks. One is an industrial strength de-humidification system which will help reduce ambient humidity and result in a cooler atmosphere. Upgraded Plexiglas doors to replace the chain-link fences and even expanding the grooming options once they get the trained staff in place.

Description: Doggie Day Care, baths, clippings and grooming (coming soon)
Hours: M-F: 7am-8pm, Sat: 7am-6pm, Sun:10am-2pm and Special Late Night Sunday Pickup Service available during the summer season from 8pm to10 pm from June 3rd to August 26th. (Office is closed between 12pm and 2pm except Sundays.)
Address: 716 Clinton St., Hoboken, NJ 07030
Telephone: 201-798-6300 Fax: 201-798-6375
Website: www.hobokenunleashed.com
email: mike@hobokenunleashed.com

Here are a few pictures. See more plus a few videos of the dogs in action after the break.

hoboken-unleased-interior-dogs-going-nuts-1cs.jpg

hoboken-unleashed-exterior-cs.jpg

hoboken-unleashed.gif

Pictures

hoboken-unleashed-interior-long-view-of-main-play-areacs.jpg
hoboken-unleashed-interior-big-dogs-play-areacs.jpg
hoboken-unleashed-interior-pens-2cs.jpg

SHORT VIDEOS

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Online Videos by Veoh.com

Online Videos by Veoh.com

1. benshan1327 says:

[quote comment=”102740″]:oops: 😈 :arrow:Do you guys now that this place holds up to 80 dogs and a lot of them are being crated? Lets see: you will leave your adorable, happy, lovely and expensive dog in a crate while you are on vacation, for so many hours during the night without supervision????
    Oh well, also the fact that someone knows your doggie’s name doesn’t mean anything to me, there is more involved in this situation, It is more like repetition!!!!besides that think why they don’t accept credit cards?????
    Does anybody know anything about Taxes in this type of facilities???? please people read more inform yourself.
    Seems like for a lot of people it is easy to leave their dogs in any facilitie even if is not the right one.
    So much loveeeeeee :( :?:[/quote]

Disgruntled former employee? Oh lawd. :roll:

• petelin says:

we limit the number of dogs at the daycare to 65 – that is why reservations are required. we only crate dogs that are under 20 pounds or if the owner specifically requests us to. owners of dogs under 20 pounds can also request that we place their dog in a room. again, supervision at night is not necessary unless the dog has special medical needs and and will actually increase the stress level of boarding dogs (as discussed in the most recent convention of the Pet Care Services Association). in the four or more years that we have been in business, overnight supervision has never been necessary. we play classical music at night, have overnight monitoring services and the owner lives 2 blocks away. thank you.

In response to benshan1327 who said:

So much loveeeeeee :( :?:[/quote]

Disgruntled former employee? Oh lawd. :roll:

2. DietCokeGal says:

So much loveeeeeee :( :?:[/quote]
    Uh…they take credit cards.
    I’ve used this place quite a few times and since my dog can’t tell me what’s going on there all I can do is judge by the shape he comes home in which is exhausted. Exactly the way I want it.
    I wouldn’t have any problems recommending this place to another dog owner.

3. JKTuck says:

Come on guy’s this place is a dump! I never took my dog there (too many horror stories from friends) but I have had a tour of the place…disgusting! Also how could anyone ever leave their dog at a place with no over night supervision? Alone in a cage from 8pm-7am…that sounds dangerous and traumatizing! :(

• petelin says:

thank you for your comment – we appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. first, we want you to know that our facility has overnight fire and security monitoring and Mike, the owner, lives only 2 blocks away. also, after the dogs play all day, they will sleep and rest for the remainder of the night. we play classical music which has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety. if someone is there at night, that person will actually keep the dogs awake and create more stress since they will want to get out of their room and go to that person. the only reason you need overnight supervision is if your dog has special medical needs and a person sleeping or sitting there isn’t going to do any dog any good. for a special needs dog, we recommend you board him or her with a veterinarian who can properly address those needs.

In response to JKTuck who said:

4. jack123 says:

I’ve been going to this place for about three months now and am very happy with their service. I agree that the place itself isn’t exactly a 5 star hotel, but I’m pretty sure my dog doesn’t notice it. It’s got everything my dog needs – heat, AC, ventilation, food, water and, most importantly, friendly staff. Also, in the morning, my dog is always pulling to try and get into the place and when we get home, he’s always tired and acts like a normal, well-behaved dog. It’s great. I’ve visited the other places in the area and they seem good, but I’ve never had a chance to try them and I like the people at Hoboken Unleashed so I’ll stick with them.

5. jack123 says:

Oh, and I forgot to add that their hours are convenient for me. I work in finance (at least i do now) and so I have to be in the city by 7:30 and sometimes I work late. Even so, it’s pretty rare that I have to use their pet taxi since they stay open until 8pm, so that’s a bonus.

I haven’t boarded by dog there yet, but may need to over valentine’s day weekend. I’m wondering, why would you need overnight supervision? Don’t the dogs sleep at night? Has anyone actually verified that the place has someone there overnight?

6. eam144 says:

can anyone recommend a groomer in Hoboken?

7. moephab says:

[quote comment=”132131″]can anyone recommend a groomer in Hoboken?[/quote]
    Try Robin under the Vet on 6th & Wash She is great and very resonably priced!

8. boston1 says:

unleashed does grooming…

9. nacholibre says:

I am usually dropping off right in the morning when they open and a few times I have seen an employee leaving, with a bag, looking tired, assuming they were on night watch.

10. jack123 says:

6 months and still happy. whenever i ask, they give me updates on how he did that day and who he was playing with. by the way, i asked about the number of dogs and they cap it to make sure the place isn’t overcrowded. i asked to take a look inside and it didn’t seem crowded to me.

11. Hobie1 says:

Does anyone know how much it costs to board your pet here overnight?

12. DietCokeGal says:

Rates are on their website…

13. NotBornButRaised says:

About a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned on another thread that there was a huge mural of Scooby-Doo on the side of Hoboken Unleashed. Today I noticed that Brian Griffin from Family Guy has joined him. I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to mention it here. I would have taken a picture of it and submitted it but I’m one of the few that don’t have a camera on their cell phone.

14. Craig-D says:

Hoboken Unleashed has closed as of July. It appears they lost their lease. Their Jersey City location is still open. Not that that helps us Hoboken dog owners. Time to find another local doggie day care solution.