Hoboken Week in Review: 6/5/2011
Happy Sunday Hoboken!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 5, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Drama – Still remains a mystery. Only worrisome to those “in the wrong.”
- Noise Snare! – Undoubtedly more of an issue than “insider politics,” is quality of life in Hoboken. This is one way to improve it.
- Take the park survey! – If you’d like your voice to be heard – take the Hudson County Parks Survey before it expires!
- Minor Hoboken Paving – A few streets getting paved. Paved with delays an hiccups that is!
- Dog Walker theft? – Do you know what your dog walker does when you’re not home?
- City Council Meets – And last but not least (and for the handful of residents who follow closely) – we had a council meeting last week. Talk to me in person if you want to know more.
Crime and Incidents
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- $5 haircuts for men! – The Hoboken Man Salon is doing something pretty cool each Thursday.
- Uptown Farmers’ Market – The annual weekly chance to buy “Jersey Fresh” in Hoboken!
- Clearview Movie Classics – The Thursday Night flashback of movies is continued indefinitely. Woo Hoo!
- Free Kayaking in Hoboken – The summer 2011 dates are announced for paddling on the Hudson.
- The Frying Dutchmen in Hoboken? – Not yet – but it’d be nice to have a french fry truck with awesome dipping sauces!
- Fashion Show at W Hoboken – A fashion show inspired by a beverage – Vitamin Water Zero.
- Verizon Wireless – Completes their move to a new home on Washington Street.
- Weekend Movies – What is playing at Clearview Cinemas today?