Hoboken Week in Review: 6/5/2011
Happy Sunday Hoboken!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 5, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Drama – Still remains a mystery. Only worrisome to those “in the wrong.”
- Noise Snare! – Undoubtedly more of an issue than “insider politics,” is quality of life in Hoboken. This is one way to improve it.
- Take the park survey! – If you’d like your voice to be heard – take the Hudson County Parks Survey before it expires!
- Minor Hoboken Paving – A few streets getting paved. Paved with delays an hiccups that is!
- Dog Walker theft? – Do you know what your dog walker does when you’re not home?
- City Council Meets – And last but not least (and for the handful of residents who follow closely) – we had a council meeting last week. Talk to me in person if you want to know more.
Crime and Incidents
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- $5 haircuts for men! – The Hoboken Man Salon is doing something pretty cool each Thursday.
- Uptown Farmers’ Market – The annual weekly chance to buy “Jersey Fresh” in Hoboken!
- Clearview Movie Classics – The Thursday Night flashback of movies is continued indefinitely. Woo Hoo!
- Free Kayaking in Hoboken – The summer 2011 dates are announced for paddling on the Hudson.
- The Frying Dutchmen in Hoboken? – Not yet – but it’d be nice to have a french fry truck with awesome dipping sauces!
- Fashion Show at W Hoboken – A fashion show inspired by a beverage – Vitamin Water Zero.
- Verizon Wireless – Completes their move to a new home on Washington Street.
- Weekend Movies – What is playing at Clearview Cinemas today?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“All political thinking for years past has been (perverted) in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.”