Hoboken Week in Review: 5/29/2011
Enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend in Hoboken?
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 29, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI Drama – Mysterious official stuff taking place at Hoboken City Hall – and people are nervous!
- Precarious Waterfront – Fenced off areas go unmonitored – with sinking bricks included!
- Dream Projects – A “plan” to revitalize the Hoboken Projects. Some have much doubt about this…
- Singing Sandro – Have you seen the wonderful street musician in town? See video here on Hoboken411.
Crime and Incidents
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- Maxwell Place Construction – The next phase of the uptown condo complex ready to start up.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit – Looking to make Hoboken, NJ a new franchise location!
- Delivery.com iPhone App – Online food delivery has never been easier (or cooler!)
- Village Pourhouse Teacher Appreciation – All NJ teachers get 20% off for the indefinite future!
- Johnny Pepperoni – Getting so close to opening, you can almost smell it.
- Joe’s Prime Cuban Sandwich – 411 found his favorite sandwich in the Mile Square.
- Bombay West – Are they doomed, or just not so busy anymore?
- Weekend Movies – See what’s playing at Clearview Cinemas today!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“At this point it is impossible to bridge the divide between a literate, marginalized minority and those who have been consumed by an illiterate mass culture.”