Hoboken Week in Review: 5/22/2011
Another spring week in Hoboken, NJ
Don’t forget today is the Monroe Center Open Studio Tour!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 22, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Fed action? – All sorts of mysterious official stuff taking place at Hoboken City Hall!
- City Hall Debacle – Because our city cannot get their act together – this week’s council meeting video is useless.
- Hoboken Hypocrisy – You get a ticket. The city parks where they want. Need to hear any more?
- Can you read me now? – If you can see these words – then you can be fairly certain the world didn’t end as they predicted.
Crime and Incidents
- Exemplary Hoboken Police – Our men in blue did a great job nabbing a car thief in the act!
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Business Updates & Events
- Hoboken Guitar Lessons – A new teacher wants to share the art of playing guitar with residents of all ages.
- Baby Parade – This afternoon along the waterfront.
- CKO goes to Italy! – A fitness trip to Venice with Club KO Kickboxing this September!
- Lexus donates to Hoboken EMS – Did you miss the test drive event over at the Hoboken Man yesterday? There’s another one coming up in June.
- More Pizza Please – 89 Washington Street is going to be the home of a new pizza parlor.
- La Bella Pizza – And even MORE pizza coming to 916 Washington St.
- Roberto Coin – Now available at W. Kodak Jewelers!
- NYC Pet – The pet store invasion seems to be underway now.
- Lucky Baby Boutique – As well as the baby store invasion.
- Weekend Movies – See what’s playing at Clearview Cinemas today!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble.”– Samuel Johnson