Hoboken Week in Review: 5/15/2011
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 15, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Council Election Complete! – A Hoboken rarity – no runoff elections! The Mayans were right!
- Bookmarking Fraud – The last few weeks were not without highly questionable incidents. Here’s a handy list of bookmarks we’ll surely be revisiting again in the future:
- Ohaus Lynch Mob Continues – The Kids First group of political thugs are looking for any possible loophole to rid Hoboken of a highly respected and loved teacher of the arts. Sounds more like society de-volving!
- Why such voter apathy? – The never ending mystery of why hardly anyone votes in municipal elections.
- Cake Boss hops the river – Expands to NYC Times Square. Will than lessen the load in Hoboken?
Crime and Incidents
- PATH CRASH – The biggest incident yet in Hoboken during 2011 – the PATH train which rammed the wall and injured over 30 passengers.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
- Pilsener Haus – Progress on Hoboken’s only biergarten plugging along – and will be open this summer!
- Hoboken Farms – “Big Red” named the top marinara sauce! Way to go!
- La Bella Torte – Another food truck makes it’s way to Hoboken, with desserts & cannoli’s!
- Italmoda Tailor – The only place in Hoboken you should go for your garment repair and modification needs.
- Joe’s Prime Meats – A new owner with delicious food, meats and much more. Highly recommended!
- Macy’s Fireworks 2011 – You heard about it on 411 first (as always!) – Back on the Hudson again this year. How will waterfront hold up? What will the city do to prevent disaster? Cross their fingers again?
- Hoboken Cove Boathouse – Getting ready to start the 2011 Kayaking season – and needs volunteers.
- Liberty Humane – Having a wine-tasting & fundraiser TODAY. Check it out!
- Youth Drama Camp – Mile Square Theater providing a cultural way for your children to spend their summer in Hoboken.
- Forgot what a theater looks like? – Then head over to Clearview Cinemas to watch a new release movie!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Nothing doth more hurt in a state than that cunning men pass for wise.”– Francis Bacon