Hoboken Week in Review: 5/8/2011
Happy Mother’s Day!
Make your mom proud! What are you doing today in Hoboken for Mother’s Day?
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 8, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- SWAT issues remain – Get exclusive details of the proposed $2 million dollar settlement that Mayor Dawn Zimmer wants for the Andriani Five.
- Greaney Bankruptcy – City Council Candidate Tom Greaney’s sketchy past – EXPOSED.
- Hoboken Election Fraud – Candidates for “Move Hoboken Ahead” knowingly seek out voters who live elsewhere.
- Clifford Godfrey Arrested – Losing Board of Education candidate involved in melee at 200 Lounge.
- Disaster Avoided – Protections in place to prevent the Muni Garage from disturbing the neighborhood.
- Illegal PAC – The Zimmer Council Slate exposed for illegal campaign financing activities. It never ends!
- City Council 2011 – Less than two DAYS to go before Hoboken Council Election!
- Jersey Sting – Political Corruption book authors let Russo off the hook.
- Bin Laden Dead – The U.S. Government reports that they killed Osama bin Laden. The poster child of all our wars and so on…
Crime and Incidents
- Hit & Run Reward – One resident will pay you if you offer evidence that leads to finding the person that hit their car and caused big damage.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to get first dibs on Mile Square crimes, fires and other incidents.
Hoboken Business Updates & Events
- HomeMade Pizza Co. – Opened last week on the Avenue.
- Fur Play – A dog group just for Cavalier King Charles Spaniels!
- Mikie turns five! – A Hoboken bar & grill hits their half decade milestone.
- Johnny Pepperoni – Hoboken’s next pizza place should open this month…
- Vito! – Hoboken’s “Lotsa Pasta” lunch truck to be “seen on TV” this week…
- Raise funds! – Various Hoboken schools holding fundraisers this month…
- Massage is the new Falafel – Imagine getting a rubdown with a falafel ball? I wouldn’t rule it out in Hoboken…
- Mamma Marci – Here comes yet another lunch truck!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity to which others are trying to prove him wrong.”– Harry Segall