Reporter Roundup – 3/19/2007
Continuing the ongoing series, here are some highlights from the 3/18/2007 edition of our local paper, The Hoboken Reporter.
Here’s my summary for this week’s edition:
- Cover story about Richard Del Boccio who’s retiring from the City Council.
- Sex fiend was finally busted
- Article about the lawsuit won by Police Sergeant Peck (whose name was made popular after the DWI Councilman Campos and corresponding phone call from the NYPD.)
- Another officer (Sgt. Competello) alleging more misconduct of city officials and filing suit.
- Board of Education elections coming April 17th, and the candidates involved.
- The fancy Teak restaurant is reviewed.
- A chunky letters to the editor section this week. Theresa Castellano, Michael Russo and Anthony Mussara announce their candidacy. Dawn Zimmer rebuts Chris Campos, and one person is unhappy about her campaign flyers.
- My horoscope read: “Your presence is in demand, Libra, much more so than in recent weeks. Keep up the honesty and amiability and others will continue to flock to your side.”
- No ribbon cuttings in the paper I received.
That’s it… Anything else worth noting?