Auditions for Young Performers Festival
ANNOUNCING CHILDREN’S AUDITIONS FOR:
YOUNG PERFORMERS FESTIVAL: SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK LIVE! JR.
Please read all of the details below and review the rehearsal schedule BEFORE scheduling an audition appointment.
Feel free to pass this notice on to any friends or family members that have children!
AUDITION DATES & TIMES: March 19-20, 2007 from 6-8pm
- Must be between 7-14 years old
- Non-Equity, non-pay
- A short poem or story (memorized)
- AND one verse of a song of your choice, OR choose one of the following to sing: “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star,” “Mary Had a Little Lamb” or “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sheet music for song of your choice
- Bring a copy of recent headshot and résumé if applicable
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- At auditions, each “young performer” will be called into DeBaun one by one to audition with the casting committee.
- Parents and chaperones will be asked to wait in the lobby while the “young performers” audition.
- They will be asked to sing their song, and then recite their poem/story. They may be asked questions about their past performances, what they study in school, etc.
- Call 201.216.8937 or e-mail Center@debaun.org
- Auditions are held in half hour slots, so when you request an audition appointment, be prepared with the date and time you prefer.
- Walk-ins will be seen based on availability but there is no guarantee you will be able to audition.
- Casting will be made within 1 week of auditions, and everyone who auditions will be contacted, whether cast or not. “Young Performers” and their parents must agree to THIS schedule and be able to attend all of the scheduled rehearsals before being cast in the show.
- Upon being cast, each “young performer” will be expected to provide jeans and a solid colored T-shirt (color to be determined after casting) as their costume for the performance.