Hoboken Week in Review: 4/3/2011
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 3, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Ian Sacs Arrest Report – Hoboken411 leads the way again with details of the Ian Sacs Altercation that just don’t add up.
- St. Patrick’s Payback – Those that caused a drunken ruckus in Hoboken during the annual St. Patty’s Day Parade (and were caught) performed community service.
- Hoboken Parking Hypocrisy – City Vehicles don’t follow the law in Hoboken.
- Board of Ed Forum – Info about an upcoming debate between Hoboken BoE candidates.
- Have you seen Samantha? – A Hoboken couple desperately wants their lost dog back.
Crime and Incidents
- Hoboken Crime Increase – Without a doubt, violent crimes have increased in Hoboken.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to peruse some of the noteworthy incidents in the Mile Square.
Business & Events
- What next after Blockbuster? – Residents discuss what would work best at the empty retail spot at 412 Washington Street.
- Vito’s Lotsa Pasta – Delicious and quick Italian food from a mobile lunch truck reviewed!
- Take Care, Joey’s! – Joey’s BBQ finally sold – to become another Pizza Parlor.
- Dreamz – No, not residents do when they think of a property tax decrease. But rather a new beauty salon coming to the west side of Hoboken.
- Anime Convention – The Annual Castle Point Anime convention is this month.
- Dinner & Show – A great theater and dinner option right over the border in Jersey City (Hamilton Park).
- Rodizio! – Fantastic dining option from Piri Piri BBQ on Thursdays. All you can eat, too!
- Vintage T-Shirts – Hoboken resident starts an online t-shirt store.
- Late Happy Hour – Helmers’ offers late-starters a chance to get some top brews on the cheap.
- Applied Rentals – Big Hoboken developer goes on marketing blitz for cheap rentals.
Other Hoboken Updates
- What is your escape route? – Do you have a backup plan in case sh*t hits the fan?
- NYC Skyline to change – New real estate development in NYC will change how the big city looks from Hoboken.
- Spring Makeover for Top Dog – H411 Mascot Oscar changes his look, plus squirrel action video!
- Got Fish? – This month’s fresh update in the Hoboken Health Corner.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.”– Winston Churchill