Hoboken Week in Review: 3/27/2011
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 27, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Parking Czar Bully! – The whole country supports the Anti-Bully law in schools – why not at Hoboken City Hall? Where everyone scurries to protect oft-maligned Parking Director Ian Sacs – who was arrested on multiple charges last week! Jeez!
- Well – that’s just not right! – Hoboken City Council President Beth Mason shares her thoughts about the debacle at City Hall involving Ian Sacs – and his support crew “at the top.”
- HUMC Lack of Transparency getting sickening – Remember this – you elected the people that are essentially in control of this tax-payer SCAM! Demand openness and transparency – or vote them out.
- Andriani Back on the Block? – Some interesting updates with SWAT Cop Angelo Andriani… will the city win or lose?
- Zoning Nuttiness! – On paper, it looks like Hoboken Zoning Officer Ann Holtzman plays favorites – when she’s supposed to be an unbiased city official. What else do you expect from a Zimmer appointee?
- Make parking easier? – That would be a reason to get fired at City Hall – however, Hoboken411 delves into some ways to help ordinary people visiting or living in Hoboken.
- Can you hear me? Hello? Hello? – Hoboken has one particular area that is so damn noisy – and for multiple reasons. I thought of a solution – can you?
- Jersey Sting – You can meet the authors of a new book that chronicles the whole massive Hudson County Sting operation this week – find out how – and where.
Crime and Incidents
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to peruse the other noteworthy incidents in the Mile Square.
Business & Events
- Rikki Tikki! – Another fantastic production by Mile Square Theatre beigns in April!
- Awesome Summer Camp Options for Kids
- More Hoboken Falafel! – Not a typo – Ibby’s Falafel – A Jersey City favorite – coming to Hoboken soon.
- Rice Failure – why? – Miami Rice had some issues and had to shut down. They might be back – cross your fingers!
- Raf Deli – A new mini-mart on the western edge of First Street coming soon.
- Balbo’s Rice Balls #Winning! – Highly recommended by Hoboken411 – and many other Hoboken residents.
- HAIRSPRAY! – Support local education – by checking out today’s final performance of Hairspray at Hoboken High School! (2pm)
- Washington Street Vacancy #1 – Long time local pharmacy Baron Drug succumbs to billion dollar corporate chain.
- Washington Street Vacancy #2 – Unique gift-shop Baskets of Distinction moves to another state for change of scenery.
- Empty Goal – After four years – Premier Soccer Shop moves on to other endeavors.
- Silver Screen – Looking for guidance? Your next move is to buy a movie ticket at Clearview Cinemas!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Hoboken Zephyrs – Check out the rare Twilight Zone episode featuring a Hoboken reference!
- Eva the Hearing Dog! – The first “Hoboken Dog of the Month” deserves recognition!
- Hoboken Digital Art Continues – When ordinary Hoboken Photographs don’t cut it – you turn them into awesome works of art instead: Hoboken Digital Art.
- Kim Kardashian – Have you seen Kim Kardashian lately? Send your pics in for prizes!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“What I’m thinking about more and more these days is simply the importance of transparency, and Jefferson’s saying that he’d rather have a free press without a government than a government without a free press.”– Esther Dyson