Reporter Roundup – 3/5/2007
Continuing the ongoing series, here are some highlights from the 3/4/2007 edition of our local paper, The Hoboken Reporter.
Breezed through it, and here’s what I picked up on:
- Cover story about Corzine’s State Budget indicates how funding to cover indigent patients remains flat for hospitals. Anyone think this will affect HUMC’s profitability?
- At least the Reporter mentioned how Raslowsky was rumored to have already been picked to be Superintendent of Schools. Stinks to have to go through a wasteful process if you already picked a winner. You can also see much more at the newly published website WeThePeopleReports.com (they also had a full-page ad in the paper.)
- A basic recap of the SW Redevelopment plan.
- A small snippit that was buried on page 13 was an announcement regarding a televised debate on Channel 12 involving councilman Peter Cammarano. Unless you read the paper before noon, you would have missed the debate. Not sure if it’s re-run at all, since I subscribe to satellite.
- I have to say the 2007 “Progress Report” seemed a bit more like a PR piece for Real Estate developers. Does anyone have any comments regarding Dave Roberts’ “The Business of Hoboken is Hoboken” advertisement on page 4? He mentioned the Master Plan a couple times, and I’ve overheard many residents cite the Master Plan when they oppose various proposed redevelopments, indicating the City isn’t following it.
That’s it… Anything else worth noting?