Hoboken Week in Review: 3/13/2011
Don’t forget to adjust your clocks and watches ahead one hour today for Daylight Savings Time!
Some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 13, 2011:
St. Patrick’s Parade Mayhem!
- Howard! – This year’s parade festivities were so out of hand, that Howard Stern chimed in!
- Weekday Drunks? – The city said they’re moving the parade to Wednesday next year – will that help?
- Residents speak out – Wondering why the Mayor had to wait till people got raped to take action on the parade!
- What does it all mean? – A Hoboken411 retrospective of the whole event.
- Wasn’t always this bad! – See how calm things were just a few years back. Why all the rage now?
- Re-live the fun – Check out 411’s Live Chat from the day in case you missed it.
Politics and City Happenings
- Board – The Hoboken Board of Education holds it’s election next month. Get the “who’s who” here.
- HUMC – Catch up on the latest shenanigans about the Hospital before the next shoe drops.
- FLOODED! – Yep – Hoboken got doused again!
Crime and Incidents
- Overwhelmed? – Because Hoboken Police babysat irresponsible drunks, did that put the safety of residents in jeopardy?
- Out of Control – See the infamous Hoboken411 St. Patty’s Day Police Blotter.
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to peruse some of the noteworthy incidents in the Mile Square.
Business & Events
- Willow14 – A new building project starts soon uptown.
- Hoboken Little School – Coming June 2011 – Day Care & Early Learning Center
- HomeMade Pizza Co. – A different kind of pizza place to try!
- Pilsener Haus Biergarten – Construction Update for the anticipated uptown “beer garden”
- Hoboken Man March Madness – Discounted facials for the distinguished (and well groomed) gentleman.
- Big Screen – Not sure what to do today? How about a movie at Clearview Cinemas?
Other Hoboken Updates
- Pioneers – A Hoboken couple starts a business.
- Hoboken Digital Art Continues – When ordinary Hoboken Photographs don’t cut it – you turn them into beautiful works of art instead: Hoboken Digital Art.
- Kardashian – Kim Kardashian will be making regular appearances in the Mile Square.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“For every man there exists a bait which he cannot resist swallowing. ”– Friedrich Nietzsche