Hoboken Week in Review 2/18/2007
Been really busy this past week. My dad had a birthday, my older brother had a celebration this week (Happy 44th!), spent some time out of town, and this fruity non-blizzard that was seemingly worse than a regular storm. So this week in review will be terrible. Sorry! Hope you get the idea anyway.
Send tips, comments, suggestions, stories, lawsuits, hate-mail and pictures to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
News, items of importance:
- V-day “storm” – Hype and worry turn into icy brown slop.
- St. Patty’s Booze – All this controversy over this Hoboken money-holiday will probably make it worse than ever.
- More 4th Ward Action – New candidate Dawn Zimmer has an outstanding turnout at her first public meeting.
- RFI-Diddy – Renew your hi-tech parking permits now, or go to towing hell.
- Stuck in the 70’s – A friendly reminder that a kick-ass exhibit is still showing at the Hoboken Historical Museum.
New or Coming Soon:
- Help me, I’m melting! – Owners of the fancy fondue eatery confirm they’re coming to town.
- 7 minus 3 L’s – New Italian pizza-bar is expected to be open by the end of the month.
- Nanny Watch – A site to keep your child care peeps in check.
- Katrina + Artist = Hoboken – Displaced creative individual sets up shop in our neck of the woods.
Doomed or closing soon:
- Doomed times a charm! – A nail salon might be closed. Can it be true?
- Baja-mbug – A guest reviewer volunteers her stomach lining to test some Mexican grub.
- Mini McBride – Another donated review about one single dish at this Irish Bar.
Fun, Games and Miscellaneous stuff:
- Should you stay or should you go? – 411 asks readers whether to keep businesses that hate us. Responses are surprising!
- Thank god it’s over – The most “ovary” hyped holiday in existence is now over. Whew!
- Hoboken Henry – Our furry groundhog finally gets the recognition he craved. Next he’ll be mutating into an angry street-peddler with our luck.
- The PATH to your heart – Our “Subway” is getting a much needed makeover.
- Sold! (for way too much) – Recently updated spreadsheet of prime real estate in Hoboken.
- Would you like an ATM with your fries? – Hoboken (and NJ) lead the pack with bank-to-people ratios in the country.
Recent Town Incidents:
- Incident Map – Water mains, gas leaks, electrified fences and the obligatory assaults make the list.