Hoboken Breakfast Nuggets: 2/14/2011
Hoboken411’s periodic look at what’s going on around us…
Morning Roundup: February 14, 2011
See expanded stories after the jump…
- Technology and lack of foresight results in another BIG Chapter 11 Victim. (Who is it?…)
- Tasteless or Funny? Did Groupon cross the line? (Video…)
- Is Egypt one of many very dangerous dominoes to fall? See what Mubarak said… (Reason to worry?…)
- Think just higher food prices is it? Get ready for higher prices for EVERYTHING – (Read more…)
- Your ENTIRE life – as the government sees you: (See video…)
- Is the winter over? See this week’s weather forecast: (Six Day Forecast…)
See complete breakfast nuggets – after the jump…
Borders the latest Chapter 11 Victim?
The Wall Street Journal reported that Borders Book Store is going to file Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection.
I hope at least one bookstore survives – just in case electricity doesn’t!
Did this Groupon commercial offend you?
Groupon had three commercials during the Super Bowl a few weekends ago – many people were offended.
- Were you offended?
- Was Groupon being weak when they pulled the spots?
Mubarak Says USA to blame
Hosni Mubarak supposedly called Israel before he stepped down – and had some choice words for US:
- “We see the democracy the United States spearheaded in Iran and with Hamas, in Gaza, and that’s the fate of the Middle East”
- “They may be talking about democracy but they don’t know what they’re talking about and the result will be extremism and radical Islam”
- “The snowball (of civil unrest) won’t stop in Egypt and it wouldn’t skip any Arab country in the Middle East and in the Gulf. I won’t be surprised if in the future you see more extremism and radical Islam and more disturbances — dramatic changes and upheavals”
Prices for everything increase; wallets cry for help
Many folks have been warning about the coming economic tsunami that will affect every person on this planet. However, mainstream media is so slow to catch up – that those who don’t bother doing research or finding better sources for news often end up on the short-end of the stick.
Zero Hedge has been reporting for months about the upcoming issues that will impact the discretionary spending of consumers across the globe. Half a year later – the Wall Street Journal finally makes mention of what has been known to the intelligent members of our community long ago.
What are you doing to prepare? Have food storage? Made sensible cutbacks? Or just crossing your fingers?
You are just a statistic and a source of revenue
Here’s how one person depicted YOU – according to the U.S. Government. Kind of sobering, eh?
Warming up this week in Hoboken!
Ahh – a welcome respite from the brutal winter we’ve had in Hoboken.
This Friday night will be poppin’ in town!!
Have a great week everyone!