Hoboken Week in Review: 2/13/2011
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 13, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- You voted for a hypocrite – Hoboken411 deconstructs the spin coming out of City Hall this week…
- City Hall has money troubles – The Hoboken administration must think the only way to lower your property tax bill is to have you involuntarily subsidize it. Kind of ass-backwards, no?
- Do as we say… not as we do – Residents are not to keen on the un-safe and illegal parking violations the city commits.
- Walk at your own risk – Do pedestrians really think everyone driving is paying attention? That’s not a safe assumption to make in Hoboken.
- Drunken Mayhem Countdown Begins… – The annual much-debated booze frenzy is the first Saturday in March. See all the promises our Mayor never kept, too!
Crime and Incidents
- Blotter Updates – See the Hoboken Police Blotter category to peruse some of the noteworthy incidents in the Mile Square.
Business & Events
- GO VEGGIES! – Maoz Vegetarian provides the healthy choices – you have to take the plunge!
- Cosmo – Ricky’s NYC slithers into the Mile Square.
- Hello, Zylo Steakhouse! – Haven’t been to Zylo at the W Hotel yet? You don’t know what you’re missing – especially the desserts!
- Harvest this! – A healthy and delicious restaurant on the Avenue: Harvest Cuisine.
- Ayame Sushi – With Hibachi grills! Coming to Washington Street in the old Frozen Monkey location.
- European Wax Center – Coming to Maxwell Place.
- Brownstone Agency – For all your Real Estate Insurance needs!
- For Rent – Patina Realty will soon be absorbed by Liberty Realty – another empty storefront.
- High Rent – Punts the “Nutrition Zone” deep into Nutley territory.
- LOBSTER, BABY! – Check out 1 Republik on Mondays for a tasty seafood extravaganza!
- Win BIG! – Support a great school – and have a chance to win mad cash in the 2011 Stevens Cooperative 50/50 Raffle.
- Action! – Have no plans today? Catch a flick at Clearview Cinemas.
Other Hoboken Updates
- PAY ATTENTION! – A great video remix of the “cell phone fountain girl.”
- Cuban heaven – Hey Delicious! talks about Cuban Sandwiches in Hoboken.
- Kardashian – Kim Kardashian will be making regular appearances in the Mile Square.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“I think there is a good reason why the propaganda system works that way. It recognizes that the public will not support the actual policies. Therefore it is important to prevent any knowledge or understanding of them.”– Avram Noam Chomsky