What TV shows are you watching?
About two years ago, I published a list of what shows I liked at that moment (see it after the break) and wanted to update it since it’s been a while – have some new programs to add, one wrapped up, a couple have been canceled and lost interest in others.
What are you watching this year?
Hoboken411’s TV List: February 2009
Top 8 Shows
(in no particular order)
- NEW FOR ’09: Damages (FX) – In my humble opinion – this is hands down the best overall program on TV in a very long time, perhaps ever. Brilliantly done!
- NEW FOR ’09: Lie to Me* (Fox) – Having a deaf older brother spurned my lifelong interest in studying non-verbal human communication (“micro expressions” as they call it on the show) – which makes this program right up my alley. I’m afraid most people might not get it 100%.
- Nip/Tuck (FX) – Still love this show!
- Prison Break (Fox) – Getting ridiculous, but still watch it.
- House (Fox) – Still on the list – highly enjoyable, because the lead character reminds me a lot of myself.
- 24 (Fox) – Addictively stupid..
- Heroes (NBC) – Following because I got sucked in.
- The Office (NBC) – Still feel this is the funniest show on TV. Perfectly cast show.
- NEW FOR ’09: Anything Gordon Ramsay (BBC America) – I like catching up on UK versions of “Kitchen Nightmares” as well as the precursor to Hell’s Kitchen – “The f Word” which is extremely entertaining and informative to watch. I especially enjoy when Chef Ramsay simply describes how he cooks a particular dish, by using one word phrases: “Pork. Garlic. Thyme. Cut. Sear. Flatten. Bake.”
- NEW FOR ’09: Saturday Night Live (NBC) – Wasn’t on the previous list, and the show is VERY hit or miss (more miss than hit) – however, there can be some side-splitting skits. Did anyone see the last Alec Baldwin skit with the Nintendo Wii controllers? I was DYING!
- CSI Miami (CBS) – I still watch it because it looks great in Hi-definition, and I often get some video editing ideas. Plus it’s good filler while you wait for your regular shows to catch up.
- FX – It’s still my favorite, despite two great shows that got canceled.
SEE THE LIST FROM 2007 AFTER THE JUMP!!
Gone from the old list: The Shield (finished), Dirt (canceled), The Riches (canceled), Discovery Channel & Survivor (don’t watch much anymore)
2/9/2007 Original Post:
I know this isn’t specific to Hoboken per se, but it’s something most all of us do: Watch TV.
Catching up on some DVR’d programming this week, I saw a great episode that spawned this “Fun Friday” idea to find out what other people in Hoboken are watching, and what their favorites are.
I’ll break it down into “Top 7 Shows”, other programming, what I’m anticipating, and favorite network. What are yours?
Hoboken411’s List: February 2007
Top 7 Shows
(in no particular order)
- The Shield (FX) – My favorite cop drama on TV. Period. Excellent direction and perfect characters. Very powerful drama. Last season starts April 3rd. Catch up on DVD if you have to. (SHOW FINISHED)
- Nip/Tuck (FX) – I originally thought this was going to be a silly and superficial drama. I was mistaken. Incredible actors, intense story lines, and superb direction. A must see.
- Prison Break (Fox) – The first season I was sitting on the edge of the couch, now it’s just filled with twists and turns. Fun show to watch.
- House (Fox) – Hugh Laurie is a great actor playing a great character. This last weeks episode just made me smile and want to write this post.
- 24 (Fox) – The past few season were bad, this season is pretty good. The “work-relationships” are kind of annoying, but still in my top 7.
- Heroes (NBC) – Cool concept and good actors. Fun to watch as well.
- The Office (NBC) – I feel this is the funniest show on TV. Perfectly cast show.
- Dirt (FX) – Something about this show I like. Many of my friends don’t care for the schitzo photographer, but I think it’s interesting. (CANCELED)
- CSI Miami (CBS) – I just watch it because it looks great in Hi-definition.
- Discovery Channel – Fun survivor-type shows. (STOPPED WATCHING)
- Survivor Fiji (CBS) – Started watching this yesterday just to see what’s going on. (STOPPED WATCHING SURVIVOR SERIES)
- The Riches (FX) – They promo the hell out of this show, I’ll certainly check it out. Starts next month. (LOVED THE SHOW, BUT WAS CANCELED)
- FX – They can get away with stuff regular networks can’t. Great directors too.