Hoboken police and fire blotter: 1/16/2011

Hoboken crime and fire action: January 16, 2011

Hoboken411 will keep a “running tab” of various noteworthy incidents, crimes and fire-calls throughout the day today. This post will be updated and “bumped” periodically.

  • 4:50pm: Oven fire 800 Jackson Street
    Fire alarms activated at 800 Jackson – 7th Floor. Reports of an “oven fire” which activated sprinklers. Maybe “cooking classes” should be required before living in multiple unit dwellings in cities like Hoboken?
  • 2:45pm: Indoor Grilling sets off fire sprinklers
    Some geniuses at 402 Madison St. thought that Sunday Football wouldn’t be complete without a BBQ. However, they decided “to fire up the barbie” INSIDE. Great. Fire sprinklers go off – put out the fire, and damage the building. Brilliant!

See earlier updates after the jump…

  • 3:15am: Street Fight
    Big fight at 3rd and Jackson – multiple units responding – you think it was just pure passion – or was some external fluid involved?
  • 2:31am: Street Fight
    Reports of a “street fight” at Bahama Mama’s.
  • 2:30am: HIT AND RUN
    2nd and Park: Hit and Run auto accident – cars “mangled” – HPD investigating… gotta love the nutty juice!
  • 2:05am: Fight on First Street
    Again, two Hoboken Police units and the Volunteer EMS crew were dispatched to VPH on First Street – “Fight with injuries”
  • 1:30am: Unconscious Female at W Hotel
    Two Hoboken Police units and the Volunteer EMS crew was dispatched to the W Hotel at the Chandelier Room“Woman passed out and unconscious…” Wonder how much she drank?

More updates to come…

Leave a Reply

4 Comments on "Hoboken police and fire blotter: 1/16/2011"


Member
LuvsAngel3
4 years 7 months ago

I was robbed while walking on Madison between 2nd and 3rd around 2:30am on the morning of 1/16/10. Any witnesses to event will be greatly appreciated. Incident has been reported to Hoboken Police.

Member
HoneyDew
4 years 7 months ago

The people that used a BBQ inside should be fined extensively and should have to pay for all damage to the building and other residents belongings.

Member
wiskeytango1
4 years 7 months ago

even an electeric bbq is a no no sets off the alarms… 😯 [quote comment=”202172″]The people that used a BBQ inside should be fined extensively and should have to pay for all damage to the building and other residents belongings.[/quote]