Hoboken Week in Review: 1/9/2011
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 9, 2011:
Politics and City Happenings
- Water Main Break – Broken water mains in Hoboken are as regular as a finely crafted timepiece.
- Political Divide – Hoboken’s City Council Meetings should be a semester case study for a psychology class.
- 10 More Zimmer Fees! – Hoboken411 takes a look at the potential upcoming fees and hidden taxes on Mile Square residents…
- Where is Al? – A City Hall conundrum with the Construction Code Official.
- “‘Tis the season for city blunders…” – Fa la la la la 12 grand la-ter! (sing it aloud)
- ROBBED! – How does the city issue summonses for street cleaning, if the city didn’t clean the streets? (Reminds me of a wood chuck somehow…)
- Oh say can you… – HUMC? The city lacks transparency with questionable bid practices for the so-called “sale” of the city hospital…
- Shamed! – Hoboken411 says: “You didn’t plow.” City Hall Says: “Right away, sir!”
- Crystal Water Ball? – Hoboken411 calls the next water main break in town. Where’s my $130k city job with cushy benefits and tons of vacation time? Jeez!
Crime and Incidents
- Crappy New Year! – Various 1/1/11 crime incidents throughout the city…
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Hooray for Hummus! – The Hummus Bar finally opens to thrilled residents – Hoboken411 blasts out the first 60-second review too!
- 411 Directory Update – Four new changes to various businesses in town…
- Buttered Popcorn – Wanna see a movie today? See what’s still playing at Clearview Cinemas!
Other Hoboken Updates
- Water Taxi? – The latest “Hobroken” cartoon from Ricardo Roig.
- What’s up Doc? – A previous long-time resident of Hoboken sends a letter.
- I’m Josh and I’m Unemployed – No, not a meeting for Unemployed Anonymous – but a new Hoboken411 Column!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Human felicity is produced not so much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen, as by little advantages that occur every day.”– Benjamin Franklin