Hoboken Week in Review: 11/21/2010
40 Days till New Years Eve!
Wow, 2010 is flying by! Here’s what happened last week in Hoboken…
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 21, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Nazi spin – Zimmer appointed Zoning Board broad Nancy Pincus spews hate and vile images about those with differing opinions for a whole year – then gets called out. The spinning must be getting her and the rest of them very dizzy.
- New look Council – 4th Ward Councilman Tim Occhipinti sworn in.
- Cops doing their job – But some feel they shouldn’t park illegally when responding to calls.
- Slippery Steps – Nope, not a new board game from Parker Brothers – but so-called “improvements” to sidewalks that become treacherous to walk on when wet. Brilliant.
- City Thievery – More residents than ever are noticing how sneaky the city is with their “Temporary” no-parking signs – robbing money from hard working citizens.
- Cross your fingers – That the newest part of the Hoboken waterfront walkway uptown doesn’t collapse eventually.
- Box still Blocked! – Shoddy paint job and lack of enforcement results in the same traffic headache downtown.
- More sneakiness – The City charged families $25 to play in little league this year, but failed to mention that practically everything was taken away from them.
- Now Boarding? – Talk begins about bringing the No 7 Subway Line from NYC under Hoboken – through to Secaucus. Most people think it’s a great idea.
Crime and Incidents
- Floater – A dead body was pulled from the Hudson River yesterday. The individual was thought to have jumped off Hoboken’s latest waterfront attraction: Pier C Park.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Shannon Updated – One of Hoboken’s oldest bars gets a fresh high-tech makeover. Sweet!
- Ultra Fast Wireless – Clear 4G Wireless is totally taking over Hoboken – with crazy giveaways with no purchase necessary – to get word out about the blazing fast 4G data devices they offer.
- Authentic Pizza! – Another Hoboken411 Exclusive photo gallery of Dozzino Pizza, which opened up much to the delight of residents near 6th and Adams St.
- 411 Updates – More behind-the-scenes updates here on 411, the largest collection of Hoboken information on earth.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Ah-choo! – Get your Flu Shots for only $20 at PromptMD downtown!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”– Winston Churchill