Gallery: Artists Studio Tour at Monroe Center
Great day for art in Hoboken
Besides being a beautiful, clear fall day in Hoboken yesterday – the scene was perfect at the Monroe Center – the biggest single place for art & culture in the Mile Square.
Like I mentioned previously – hitting all 40+ sites in Hoboken for the 2010 Artists Studio Tour was no easy task, so going to the “center” of it all was a convenient and fulfilling choice for many residents.
Artists featured at Monroe Center
Below are some footnotes for a few of the artists pictured in the above photo gallery:
- Quite a few skulls on display at galleries all over Hoboken (a doomsday sign?) – one such exhibit was Stephanie Swane’s Acrylic and Oil Paintings. See her Etsy site as well as her blog.
- Very colorful paintings from Rosario Rivera.
- Sculptures from Anne Fox.
- Josh Matson painted live in front of onlookers.
- Fermin Mendoza displayed some sweet “themed” mixed-media pieces. My favorites were the barb-wire compositions. You can also check out his videos on YouTube.
- Cool! Dell Henry – who specializes in shiny wood and leather products – may have found his lucky break! He’s in talks with Verizon to become a unique supplier of awesome iPad, Samsung Tablet and other cell phone cases. His website is under construction – but you can call Dell (who lives in West Orange) at 973-337-7087 for more info! But you read it here first!
- Paintings of “Flowers as she sees them,” from Kristin DeAngelis.
- Hand-drawn sketches of water towers (including one with that famous “PK” graffiti on it!) from Chris Oricchio.
- And finally, Hoboken Photographer Craig Dale was proud to display work from previous students of his instructional classes, saying he was astonished at how many have took up the hobby quite passionately. Maybe getting someone you know a gift certificate for the Beyond the Photograph 12-week class is a good Christmas gift idea?