Hoboken Week in Review: 11/7/2010
Have you fallen back yet?
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, November 7, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Decisive 4th Ward Election – All the political nonsense is done. Now Hoboken can move forward and govern. Congratulations, Mr. Tim Occhipinti!
- Collapse all around – Not only are the waterfront walkways collapsing, so is accountability in Government!
Crime and Incidents
- Nick-it or Ticket! – City Hall hires quality individuals – this time a punk 19-year old who bamboozles local businesses out of hard earned money.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- Imposter Maggie! – The “new” Cheap Maggie’s in Hoboken is 100% not what you think it is.
- Another Hoboken Icon Doomed – Landmark Coffee – leaves town after 17 long years.
- Kitchen Niche Finally Filled – A new kitchen specialty store set to open this Monday!
- Indian Buffet Delights Residents – A sweet weekend buffet of tasty Indian dishes at value prices!
- Green Stuff – No, not alien juice – but an “eco-friendly” store who’s ready to take Hoboken by storm.
- New Uptown Dinner Option! – Comfort food to go from an unexpected place: Uptown Bagels – check it out!
- Flick Fest – Wanna catch a movie today? See what’s playing and when
Other Hoboken Updates
- Is there a Doctor in the room? – Hobokenites constantly struggle to find the end-all be-all physician in the Mile Square.
- Conspiracy or Manipulation? – Those clouds in the sky? Are they real, or manufactured?
- Quick Reviews – See the latest Hoboken 60 Second Reviews this week – good grub and sweet housewares!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another.”– Anatole France