Hoboken Week in Review: 10/31/2010
Happy Halloween Hoboken!
No tricks and all treats!
The most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 31, 2010:
Politics and City Happenings
- Taxpayer Waste – Parking bollards are installed in Hoboken where they’re not needed – again to promote the Hertz Socialist Cars.
- Genius Students – Stevens undergrad students come up with great improvement ideas for traffic congestion in Hoboken – without the $140k price tag to taxpayers!
- Lenz List grows Longer Hoboken411 continues piling up facts about (appointed) 4th Ward Councilman and candidate Michael Lenz:
- Loses desperate court case to disenfranchise voters (NEW!)
- Never cared about parks or flooding in the 4th Ward (NEW!)
- Quid Pro Quo: Meets with developers before Variance Vote; gets $$ contributions (NEW!)
- Lenz milks taxpayers for personal financial gain
- The Lenz connection between no-bid lawyer contracts
- How Lenz got his cushy job in the County despite having zero qualifications
- How the (now convicted) Perth Amboy Mayor illegally funneled money to “operatives” like Lenz in years past
- 4th Ward – Bookmark this link for what you need to know about the special election next month.
- Hail Yes! – Hoboken residents were amazed at the show Mother Nature put on for us…
Crime and Incidents
- Police Blotter – Summary of a few noteworthy incidents last week in Hoboken.
- TWITTER – Many local crimes and incidents are reported *as they happen* here at Hoboken411 – but you need to follow that Twitter link to be tuned in for all of them!
- Live Action! – Tune in to Hoboken411’s live police and fire action channel any time of the day to find out what those sirens are for!
Business & Events
- BOO! – Hoboken Haunted House concludes tonight!
- Good Luck Paul! – Apparel store Paul Michael bids farewell after seven years in Hoboken.
- Not that Frank – Painter Frank Hanavan opens an exhibit at the Historical Museum uptown.
- Flick Fest – Wanna catch a movie today? See what’s playing and when
Other Hoboken Updates
- Blackout – The headache Cablevision and NewsCorp have caused for addicted TV viewers.
- Quick Reviews – See the latest Hoboken 60 Second Reviews this week – good grub and sweet housewares!
- Halloween 2010 – Check out the Halloween decorations throughout the city.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“You can’t lead the people if you don’t love the people. And you can’t save the people if you don’t serve the people.”– Cornell West