Five Guys has best (and fattiest) burgers!
Zagat Releases 2010 Food Survey: Best Burger and more
Zagat Survey recently released their 2010 poll results for various fast food outlets in America. While their statistical sample was rather low (only 6,500 respondents) – some chains that have locations in Hoboken, NJ got ranked very high.
Other noteworthy mentions located in Hoboken were:
- Best Fries: 1. McDonald’s 2. Five Guys
- Best Salads: 1. Panera Bread 5. McDonald’s
- Best Fried Chicken: No Hoboken entities
- Best Grilled Chicken: 4. Panera Bread
- Best Value Menu: 1. McDonald’s
- Best Coffee: 1. Starbucks 2. Dunkin’ Donuts 3. McDonald’s
- Best Value: 1. McDonald’s 2. Panera Bread
- Best Breakfast Sandwiches: 1. McDonald’s 2. Panera Bread 5. Dunkin’ Donuts
- Best Ice Cream / Custard: 1. Ben & Jerry’s 4. Rita’s Ice
- Best Smoothies / Frozen Yogurt: No Hoboken Entities – but Pinkberry was #2 and once rumored to come before they pulled out
- Best Milkshake: 2. Cold Stone Creamery 5. Ben & Jerry’s
Another noteworthy mention was that Panera Bread was voted #1 for best facilities.
#1 Burger also artery-clogging & most fattening
They reported that a plain hamburger at Five Guys was a whopping 700 calories. And a bacon cheeseburger had over 900 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat (with no condiments). That’s equivalent to two (2) Quarter Pounders at McDonalds! They estimated a meal with regular Coke, condiments and fries could easily reach 3,000 calories! Oh my!
Another interesting local mention on the Nutrition Action website was the Double Pan-Fried Noodles at P.F. Changs (we have one up on River Road in Edgewater). 1,820 calories and (get this) 7,690 mg of Sodium. Holy Heart Attack Batman!
Might be better off eating your own freshly prepared meal these days. I’m certainly limiting my unhealthy foods since joining the Koko Fitness 60-day Body Transformation Challenge!
Is any fast-food good? Regardless – what is your favorite?