St. Anns Festival 2010

7/26/2010 Update:

Procession in Progress

The Procession with St. Ann is in progress in and around many streets in Hoboken. Expect temporary street closures and traffic re-direction as a result.

7/12/2010:

100th Annual St. Ann’s Festival in Hoboken!

This year, the tradition brought over from Italy by the founders of St. Ann’s Church celebrates its 100th anniversary. The festival promises to be bigger and better than ever. Opening Wednesday evening, July 21st at 6pm, in the streets surrounding St. Ann’s at Jefferson and Sixth St., the Feast offers authentic Italian foods, the world’s best homemade zeppoles, and nightly entertainment, starting at 8:15 pm.

The Feast continues through St. Ann’s day, Monday, July 26, with the procession of the statue through the streets of Hoboken, starting around noon. See scheduled performers below.

2010 Hoboken St. Anns Feast Schedule

Wednesday, July 21st

Thursday, July 22nd

Friday, July 23rd

• Cover Band for 25 years: The Nerds (8:15pm)

Saturday, July 24th

Sunday, July 25th

Monday, July 26th

49 Comments on "St. Anns Festival 2010"

Member
beerzgood
5 years 6 months ago

Start your whining in 3 2 1

Member
hobokendave
5 years 6 months ago

WHIIIIIIIINE.

Member
getz76
5 years 6 months ago

Me and you both.

Same freaking food at every festival, anyway. Nothing really “Italian” about it.[quote comment=”194511″]WHIIIIIIIINE.Lived here for 20 years, went once; never again. I’m Italian but I want nothing to do with the “Jersey Shore” types that invade St. Ann’s.[/quote]

Member
5 years 6 months ago

A fried oreo isn’t Italian? What the hell? It ends in an o!

Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that those mozzarella corn cakes aren’t being sold by Sicilians.

[quote comment=”194512″]Me and you both.Same freaking food at every festival, anyway. Nothing really “Italian” about it.

[/quote]

Member
Dperez
5 years 6 months ago

I agree, This whole Jersey Shore thing pisses me off. Not all people from Jersey are like these people, some of us are educated. [quote comment=”194511″]WHIIIIIIIINE.Lived here for 20 years, went once; never again. I’m Italian but I want nothing to do with the “Jersey Shore” types that invade St. Ann’s.[/quote]

Member
5 years 6 months ago

St. Ann’s is 7th & Jeff.

Why is it until 11pm this year? Thought its usually wrapped up at 10pm (which means people actually clear out by 11). This year, they’ll be hanging around during the week til Midnight.

Waking up at 5am for work is always fun that week. Don’t understand why a church gets a special exception to the noise ordinance.

Member
5 years 6 months ago

While my son was in high school he was working for a man who ran one of those food stands at the garden state arts canter. He worked weekends during the spring and fall at the so called ethnic festivals. The food was always the same the only things that changed were the signs and the flags other then that everything else was the same.

Member
catdill45
5 years 6 months ago

I wonder if the Cake Boss will have a stand there….. ❓

Member
HomeTeam
5 years 6 months ago

It might be a positive and ease up the zeppoli lines![quote comment=”194533″]I wonder if the Cake Boss will have a stand there….. [/quote]

wpDiscuz