Last Call for GoldHawk!

7/10/2009 Update:

Want some last-minute plans?

Here’s two good reasons for you to have a drink at Goldhawk tonight (10th & Park)…

  • Goldhawk is closing it’s doors for good tomorrow night and…
  • Skanatra will be the last live band to play there! (8pm)

goldhawk-patrons-hanging-out-in-hoboken
skanatra-goldhawk-hoboken-nj

See previous updates after the jump…

7/9/2009 Update:

3, 2, 1, Farewell!

The Goldhawk Bar and Lounge (10th and Park) is closing for good this Saturday night, July 11th.

If you’ve never been – stop by once in the next three days – so you can say that you have – or if you’re a regular, “close out” the memories and attend what should be a pretty big “last day” bash on Saturday night. (I believe the last “live band” will be tomorrow, Friday night).

From what I understand, the new owners are probably going to convert it into either a swanky lounge type establishment, or something cookie-cutter like other “successful” bars in Hoboken. Only time will tell how good it will be, what kind of clientele it attracts, and whether it’ll be worth repeated visits.

Thanks for the memories (I think) Goldhawk!

hoboken-goldhawk-bar-sold-and-closed-last-call

SEE PREVIOUS UPDATES BELOW…

6/15/2009 Update:

Sayonara?

Word on the street is that GoldHawk Bar & Lounge was recently sold – and is/will be closing. I walked by yesterday afternoon and it seemed closed.

hoboken-goldhawk-bar-sold-and-closed

Beatnik Pub & Lounge (Previously Liquid Lounge)

Description – Pub & Lounge, Live Music. See calendar of events on the web site.
Services – Bar, Lounge
Website – www.thegoldhawk.com
Address – 936 Park Ave, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Telephone – 201-420-7989, Fax – 201-420-7276

Leave a Reply

50 Comments on "Last Call for GoldHawk!"


Member
swordfish
7 years 4 days ago

I love this bar. Always interesting beers ive NEVER heard of. Cool music too. I just wish the darn bathroom wasnt a ONE person bathroom…..

How much do they charge for the private parties in that back loungy room they have? Theres ALWAYS something going on…anybody know?

Member
ricky roma
6 years 2 months ago

private parties are/were free. you just needed a certain number of people – like 40 – and you could get the entire lounge to yourself with a cash bar for a few hours. imo this is the best bar in hoboken, and no question the best place in town to see live music – maxwells blows with their concrete basement sound. the goldhawk did something for about the last 10 years – the writer’s hang – where major songwriters who were on tour would come and do an in the round deal with two other artists. first thursday of every month and for 8 bucks you would see people who were opening up for elvis costello the next night at the beacon theater. so much cool music found in that back room. there is ZERO chance it will remain a cool bar –

In response to swordfish who said:
I love this bar. Always interesting beers ive NEVER heard of. Cool music too. I just wish the darn bathroom wasnt a ONE person bathroom…..

How much do they charge for the private parties in that back loungy room they have? Theres ALWAYS something going on…anybody know?

Member
HomeTeam
6 years 2 months ago

A sad, sad day for Hoboken. Best of luck to douchebag cologne Rogos type bar 4.0 that will most likely replace it. Sad.

Member
Rosewood Ghosts
6 years 2 months ago

I REALLY hope this is just a rumor. If true, this news is devastating. FWIW, i think they’ve always been closed on Sunday afternoons. I’ve attempted to watch football there a few times and found it to be closed. Seriously, though, if it closes i might move.

Member
bradyjc3
6 years 2 months ago

I totally agree- this is one of the few unique bars in town. Good music, specials, and atmosphere. Definitely a huge loss to Hoboken if it’s true.

In response to Rosewood Ghosts who said:
I REALLY hope this is just a rumor. If true, this news is devastating. FWIW, i think they’ve always been closed on Sunday afternoons. I’ve attempted to watch football there a few times and found it to be closed. Seriously, though, if it closes i might move.

Member
6 years 2 months ago

this sucks if its true. definitely one of my favorite bars in hoboken. great music, great crowd — a nice alternative to the typical douchebag bar patrons & very friendly staff. the lady & guy who manage the bar are insanely nice. i had my 30th birthday party in the backroom — absolutely free — and it couldnt have been better.

Member
pawzclawz
6 years 2 months ago

I hope this isn’t true. I love this place. I just don’t get there enough. Someone I know just moved to town from J.C. He was asking me for good places to go. One of the suggestions I made was The Goldhawk. He loved it to. H411 please keep us updated about this.

Member
jriven
6 years 2 months ago

Unfortunately, the rumor is true. The Goldhawk’s last day of business will be July 11th. Please come by and support the people that made this such a great bar for the past 8 years.

hope to see you there.

In response to pawzclawz who said:
I hope this isn’t true. I love this place. I just don’t get there enough. Someone I know just moved to town from J.C. He was asking me for good places to go. One of the suggestions I made was The Goldhawk. He loved it to. H411 please keep us updated about this.

Member
pawzclawz
6 years 2 months ago

I’m really sorry to hear the rumor is true. I will make The Goldhawk my go to place from this evening until 7/11/09.

In response to jriven who said:
Unfortunately, the rumor is true. The Goldhawk’s last day of business will be July 11th. Please come by and support the people that made this such a great bar for the past 8 years.

hope to see you there.