Hoboken Week in Review: 6/6/2010
What happened last week in Hoboken?
You’d think as summer season starts up in town, things would slow down – quite the opposite!
What were some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 6, 2010?
- The Garage Saga Continues – City Hall STILL Scrambling after 411 exposes what was really going on. I personally recommend that you take all “political press releases” with a heaping mound of salt. Wait until Hoboken411 decodes the spin – then come here for the TRUTH!
- Sunday Traffic Jam in Hoboken – The current administration is reviving a decision to close Sinatra Drive on Sundays. They said it was a bad idea 10 years ago – what makes it any better today?
- Whaddup with 1600 Park? – Don’t get too excited about the yellow construction vehicles uptown. Sources say it’ll be a long while before you see ANY park!
- Hoboken Condescending Council – Another 6.5 hour City Council meeting last week – and once again anti-garage activists came out in droves to put certain cocky council members firmly back in their places.
- What would YOU cut? – Hoboken taxes are exorbitantly high for many reasons. What would you strip from the budget? Take the poll.
- Village Pour House getting ready to say hello – See an exclusive Hoboken411 preview of what the new downtown pub will look like!
- King of Pizza – “King of Wings” over the bridge in Weehawken has pretty decent pizza!
- Piri Piri adds weekday specials – Free Sangria and Free Kids food at the only Portuguese restaurant in town!
- Yoga Ball Action – A well known Yoga instructor starts new classes in Hoboken.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Want a free bike? – Enter the fun & creative Hoboken411 Bike Giveaway Contest!
- Hoboken Farmers Markets! – The Downtown Market (Tuesdays) starts on June 29th – and the Uptown Market (Thursdays) is in full swing already!
- Pedestrian Clocked by SUV! – A poor middle-aged man is seriously injured by a drunk female driver from Maryland.
- Kaboom! – Don’t forget! The Macy’s Fireworks Spectacular back on the Hudson River on July 4, 2010!
- Missed Connections – And don’t forget about the new Hoboken411 Lost and Found section, either!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“I think there is a good reason why the propaganda system works that way. It recognizes that the public will not support the actual policies. Therefore it is important to prevent any knowledge or understanding of them.”– Avram Noam Chomsky