Hoboken Week in Review: 5/30/2010
Happy Memorial Day Weekend 2010!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day Weekend so far – the weather is starting to heat up!
What were some of the most noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 30, 2010?
- The Garage Saga Continues – City Hall Scrambles after 411 exposes what was really going on. Now pretends to play the “RFP Game” (fumbling politicans sold separately)
- Da Double Dipper? – Allegations are made against Hoboken Public Safety Director Angel Alicea. Stay tuned to see what (if anything) happens…
- Good Samaritan Cop – Helps a stranded motorist, but a resident suspects foul play. C’mon!
- Funding YANKED! – NJ Gov. Christie pulls funding for Connors Primary School. Probably just a sign of many similar things to come!
- O’Donoghue’s Says Bye-Bye – To make way for the new Village Pourhouse – which will greatly improve the First Street Bar Scene!
- And So Does Annette’s Salon – 11th Street Ladies Hair Salon closes after 47 years!
- Hoboken Becomes more Mediterranean – Zena Grocery and Deli coming soon to 4th and Jefferson.
- CVS Getting Nervous – Totally revamps downtown store – probably scared of Walgreens!
- Cheesy? – Hoboken residents discuss the new Domino’s Pizza recipe.
- More Tacos, por favor! – Hoboken411 gives you a sneak peek at the new expanded menu The Taco Truck will unveil at their downtown location next month.
- Rumor: German Biergarten? – Word on the street is, some kind of German Beer Garden is coming to Uptown Hoboken.
Other Hoboken Updates
- Super? – The NFL Voted to bring Super Bowl XLVIII to New Jersey. Excited?
- What Situation? – A Realty TV show figure coming to Hoboken. Big deal or not?
- Kaboom! – The Macy’s Fireworks Spectacular back on the Hudson River on July 4, 2010!
- Where to cool off? – Each year, residents wonder about Hoboken swimming pools.
- How do you surf? – Geek alert: Web browser discussion. I vote for Google Chrome. Try it today!
- Missed Connections – Hoboken411 adds a Lost and Found section.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Patriotism is just loyalty to friends, people, families.”– Robert Santos