Hoboken Lost and Found HQ
Hoboken Lost and Found Reminder
Just a brief refresher for the Hoboken Lost & Found section here, specifically if you’ve FOUND something that you’d like to return to it’s rightful owner.
If you look at my list below – one the best and easiests way to help – is to snap a photo of what you found – and simply just bring it to Hoboken Police Headquarters. This way, you can spread the word by sending a photo to Hoboken411 – but the person can claim their missing item(s) at Police HQ at any time (and you won’t have to be involved at that point forward). This will also help deter some people from trying to claim something that doesn’t actually belong to them. That type of person typically doesn’t like police stations.
And bookmark this URL for future use:
Report your Hoboken Lost and Found items here
This will be the section where you can try your luck at finding your property (or the owner of found property) in Hoboken. Please leave a comment – with as much detail as possible, and your email or phone number if you can.
If you’re not comfortable with leaving your personal email address, either sign up for a new one to be used solely for this purpose, or ask if people can email 411 if they’ve found what you’re looking for, and I’ll connect the two of you.
The new feature can be accessed in the top menu bar:
Some other guidelines for this section:
- No pets! Send an email to Hoboken411 if you’ve lost or found a pet. “Living beings” get treated differently from material items.
- Try calling the appropriate places first. Like the Hoboken Police (201-420-2100) or the respective form of transportation you took (Cab, NJ Transit, PATH, Ferry, etc.)
- When finding valuable items, be less specific. In other words, leave out model numbers, etc. This will help ensure the proper person claims it.
- When in doubt – it’s always best to drop found items off at the Hoboken Police Station downtown. You can leave a note here if you’ve done that.
- Stick specifically to lost and found. Either the item(s) in question or generally helpful tips. Bashing on here helps no one.
That’s about it! Good luck with your stuff!Hoboken NJ