Row row row your Hoboken boat?

3/30/2010 Update:

More “Crazy Petes” ignore signs in Hoboken

Hoboken411 reader John is amazed that once again, thick-skulled drivers choose to just drive by the big “road closed” sign that are there just to protect them and their cars:

3/30/2010 Update:

Galoshes alone won’t cut it today in Hoboken

Pretty much every “song” in rotation on the Hoboken Live Police and Fire Action Channel Top-20 Countdown today is related to various flooding spots around the mile square. Water is five feet deep in some areas, according to Hoboken PD, and the area in Hoboken Housing Authority projects in the fourth ward is also particularly bad.

Here’s one shot of “Lake Newark” which is one of the most flood prone areas:

And 411 reader John follows up on the “Crazy Pete” Video – and thinks that HPD caught on to drivers intentionally bypassing the barriers headed southbound towards the Holland Tunnel in Jersey City.

SEE ORIGINAL FLOOD POST AFTER THE JUMP…

3/28/2010:

Flood watch in effect for Hoboken area…

If you’re parked near ANY of the usual Hoboken flood zones (which the city does nothing to advise you where they are) – such as near the Shoprite, or in the 4th ward – you might consider moving your car to a different location.

Additionally, if the predicted rain is near what they expect – many homes may become flooded. Feel free to send your (potential) flooding photos to Hoboken411@gmail.com!

FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON…

THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR HUDSON COUNTY FROM 2 AM EDT MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON…

RAIN WILL BEGIN TONIGHT… AND COULD BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES AFTER MIDNIGHT. HEAVY RAIN SHOULD THEN CONTINUE INTO MUCH OF MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT. THE RAIN WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF TUESDAY INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR 3 TO 6 INCHES OF RAIN THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING… WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. THE AXIS OF HEAVIEST RAINFALL IS CURRENTLY FORECAST TO RUN FROM THE NEW YORK CITY METRO AREA… INTO CENTRAL CONNECTICUT.

RAINFALL OF THIS MAGNITUDE… COMBINED WITH NEARLY SATURATED SOILS… POSES A SERIOUS FLOOD THREAT… ESPECIALLY ALONG MAIN STEM RIVERS IN NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY WHICH ARE STILL RUNNING HIGH. AS A RESULT… SIGNIFICANT RIVER AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IS LIKELY. URBAN AND BASEMENT FLOODING ARE ALSO SIGNIFICANT THREATS. RESIDENTS SHOULD TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT PROPERTY NOW.

Leave a Reply

51 Comments on "Row row row your Hoboken boat?"

elainetyger
Member
elainetyger

Great video. Those cars following each other around the police barrier remind me of the La Brea Tar Pits, where the #1 animal they would find fossilized in there was the wolf. Wolves would see a deer or something stuck in there and hear in their heads “Eat me!” and run out there in droves and get stuck too.

Easy-E
Member

It’s OK you guys lived here for a long time. Ya loined to keep ya heads down otherwise Johnny Freindly an’ his goons trow ya offa da friggin roof!

They’re installing one pump. I’d bet that in the coming years more will be added. You know, after they clean up the fiscal f-ups of the past.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Couldn’t have said that better.

Some of these idiots are so lucky that some NJ laws suck ass and they haven’t been sued (although that, too, may change in the next couple of years).

In response to Easy-E who said:
It’s OK you guys lived here for a long time. Ya loined to keep ya heads down otherwise Johnny Freindly an’ his goons trow ya offa da friggin roof!

They’re installing one pump. I’d bet that in the coming years more will be added. You know, after they clean up the fiscal f-ups of the past.

wiskeytango1
Member
wiskeytango1

23 remember who you voted for..she came from new hampshire ,and did not or does not have a clue..you wanted her and you got her.
for 200 yrs this has been a problem.. You all deserve what you voted for..Stupid is as stupid does..rotflmao.. bty wheres the pumps.

whineanddineinhob
Member
whineanddineinhob

LMAO whiskey. They don’t get it !!! they just don’t get it!!!

In response to wiskeytango1 who said:
23 remember who you voted for..she came from new hampshire ,and did not or does not have a clue..you wanted her and you got her.
for 200 yrs this has been a problem.. You all deserve what you voted for..Stupid is as stupid does..rotflmao.. bty wheres the pumps.

HobokenResident23
Member
HobokenResident23

Another 6 inches of water in my condo…what ever happened to taht Campaign promise to revamp and replace the grainage system in Hoboken.

I mean, come on! Can you please fullfill one of your promises?

rag246
Member
rag246

This reminds me of an interview 1010wins had with some lady who bought a house in the Saddle River floodplain. To summarize, she said “The government should buy us out, so we can get on with our lives”.

No. The taxpayer at large is not responsible for her decision to take a risk on a cheap house that might get flooded if it rains enough.

If you bought a condo at or below ground level in Hoboken behind Garden, you don’t get to blame the government for water on your floor.

In response to HobokenResident23 who said:
Another 6 inches of water in my condo…what ever happened to taht Campaign promise to revamp and replace the grainage system in Hoboken.

I mean, come on! Can you please fullfill one of your promises?

homeworld
Member

I used to live in a basement apartment on Hudson Street and when I was selling it, people were shocked when I’d show them that it was outside of the 100-year Flood Zone Area, meanwhile almost everywhere west of Garden is in a Flood Zone.

In response to rag246 who said:
This reminds me of an interview 1010wins had with some lady who bought a house in the Saddle River floodplain. To summarize, she said “The government should buy us out, so we can get on with our lives”.

No. The taxpayer at large is not responsible for her decision to take a risk on a cheap house that might get flooded if it rains enough.

If you bought a condo at or below ground level in Hoboken behind Garden, you don’t get to blame the government for water on your floor.

lhoward222
Member
lhoward222

The guy who lives in Sky Club (I guess) with the “Petey” commentary is hysterical. Love his vids!

wpDiscuz