Week in Review 9/17/06
An easy to swallow summary of some of the events around Hoboken in the past week or so:
News, items of importance:
- Remembering 9/11 and
- The Hoboken Memorial Service
- Hoboken Resident in fatal skydiving accident
No need for faux news reporting, since it was already in the news.
- Mayor Roberts to resign in January
Are the rumors circulating indeed true? Once he hits year 25, see ya later?
- The Feast of Madonna Dei Martiri
Otherwise called the Italian Festival. See pix, some fireworks, etc. Same thing every year.
New or Coming Soon:
- Sushi House Bar and Lounge (uptown)
This place replacing the Jefferson is coming soon. Despite what other Hoboken websites report, this is not BYOB (hence the “bar” in the name).
- Fetch-It Pet Store
With two already in Jersey City, they plan #3 in Hoboken under American Apparel.
- Pieces of Hoboken boutique
What seemed to be an ordinary store, has a multi-platinum hip-hop background.
- A couple new Banks to grace the grounds of Hoboken:
– An HSBC Bank to open in place of Angela’s/Mira’s hair salon
– And another one on Washington Street, next to Foot Locker.
- Rita’s Ice
Finally opened with about a week left in Summer.
- Joey’s BBQ – Updated Info
Some people like to know when the sandwich and rib place will open.
- Sorry, not much in terms of doom recently!
Fun, Games and Random Observations:
- Hoboken photo quiz
Where were these pictures taken? Round two coming soon.
- Sneakers on telephone lines
What is Hoboken’s version of this urban legend?
- cRaZY politcal nutjobs over by the downtown Post Office
Despite their lunacy, it’s quite comical.
Town Crime Info:
- Check the Crime Map
For updates. It’s been slower than usual now that “school” started (if that’s what you even want to call it!)