Hoboken Week in Review 2/21/2010
Don’t worry, spring will come!
Hope everyone isn’t “wintered out” yet!
What made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, February 21, 2010?
T-minus 13 days until the much anticipated (or not) event of the year for Hoboken, NJ: The Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Speaking of ill-timed alcohol-related events – a drunk driver flips his car at 2nd and Hudson Streets last week.
You enjoy seeing a group of people proudly pat themselves on the backs despite accomplishing very little? Then tune into the regular Hoboken City Council meetings.
What was once promised to be a bustling community area remains empty and depressing.
A little plot of newly open space uptown generates some fun discussion.
Some residents wonder why the city plows a little league baseball field when crosswalks were still ice-dams.
No, not just the price of Real Estate, but Hoboken’s ranking in NJ Monthly’s list of best New Jersey cities.
- DIRTY LAUNDRY!
Some harmless fun about a resident unashamed of letting the ‘hood know that his flag was nicked off his front steps.
The Hoboken PBA gives to a worthwhile cause.
Last week was “Tech Talk” week, and we discussed some geeky things, including:
- NEW: Anika’s Kati Roll Grill opens up at 618 Washington St.!
- COMING SOON: A Brazilian Jui-Jitsu studio – Renzo Gracie Academy
- REVIEWED: Dino Sandwich Cafe – tasty and unique bread!
- LOCAL! A Hobokenite has great beach blankets for sale online!
- UPDATED: Do you use the Jersey City Home Depot?
- SALE!: Anastasia’s starts a Spring Sale a month early! 10 days of savings!
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
ON THE RADAR:
- Another installment of the Hoboken Police Community “Meet and Greet” tomorrow (2/22)
- More Haiti events at the W Hotel on the 25th
- A Cure Epilepsy Fundraiser at Club KO on Saturday the 27th
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Envy shoots at others and wounds itself”– English Proverb