Where to park during a blizzard?
You have till 11am to move off Emergency Routes
I’ve reminded you all a million times already (since 2006 in fact) about Hoboken Snow Emergency Routes.
But plowing is set to begin at around 11am – and Hoboken Police will be issuing tickets and tow orders for any and all cars parked along these routes.
Get your car off these streets NOW!
- Washington Street: (Both Sides)
- Willow Avenue: (West Side – Observer Hwy to 11th Street)
- Third Street: (North Side – Jackson Street to River Street)
- Fourth Street: (South Side – River Street to Jackson Street)
- Fifth Street: (South Side – Clinton Street to Hudson Street)
- 13th Street: (North Side – Washington Street to Willow Avenue)
Hoboken will be a worse mess than it already is!
Driving and parking in Hoboken is a problem that just gets worse each year.
With all signs pointing towards a major snow event tonight and tomorrow – it poses a massive problem for residents who park on the street.
For one, you have your Hoboken Snow Emergency Routes – which remove many parking spots (and results in many towed vehicles). The next giant headache is AFTER the storm, once drivers begin to dig out, which cuts another 30-40% of the available parking spots due to snow mounds.
So where do you park your car during a storm like this? Do you use a garage? Have one already? Or just take a chance and deal with it like thousands of other drivers?