HOPES CAP, Inc.
HOPES CAP, Inc
124 Grand Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Phone: 201 656-3711
HOPES CAP, Inc.’s mission is to provide community services that respond to the social, educational and training needs of individuals in an effort to overcome barriers and fight the causes of poverty.
HOPES CAP, Inc Community Action Partnerships, Inc. (HOPES CAP, Inc.) was established as Hoboken’s Community Action Program in 1964 and the HOPES CAP, Inc. Head Start Program was implemented in 1966. For almost 45 years, HOPES CAP, Inc. has been providing quality community services that respond to the current social, educational and training needs of Hudson County’s low income community in an effort to overcome barriers to economic self-sufficiency and fight the causes of poverty. These efforts have resulted in a variety of programs listed below.
HOPES CAP, Inc. Early Childhood Program – The Early Childhood Program offers comprehensive services, including high quality early childhood development, nutrition, health, and social services, along with a strong parent involvement focus, to children 3 to 5 years of age in Hoboken and Plainfield. The program offers Head Start (Federally Funded through the Agency for Children and Families, Region II) and Abbott Services (State Funded through the NJ Dept. of Education) to 577 children and families in four locations in Hoboken and three locations in Plainfield. HOPES, Inc. Early Childhood Program in Hoboken is accredited by The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
HOPES CAP, Inc. Senior Services- Senior citizens participate in the programs listed below in an effort to maintain self sufficient life styles.
- Assisted Transportation Program The Assisted Transportation Program provides transportation to senior citizens to scheduled appointments that will enable Hoboken’s elderly to maintain their self sufficiency.
- Senior Home Visiting Program provides homebound elderly with home visits, light housekeeping assistance and local errand services.
- Senior Information & Assistance Program offers one on one support to seniors who are interested in learning about various human service or entitlement programs available to them. Clients receive support understanding and completing applications. Follow up advocacy support is also made available.
- Senior Education Program offers seniors the opportunity to participate in recreational activities, workshops and classes. This program is specifically tailored to meet the interests and needs of Hudson County’s senior citizens.
HOPES CAP, Inc. Community Assistance Services – Individuals are educated about entitlement programs and other services that they may qualify for and receive support with the application process. Examples of such programs include: Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Food Stamps, Low Cost Food Program,
NJ SHARES, Verizon Life Line, United Water Cares, VITA, NJ CEED.
HOPES CAP, Inc. Adult Services – This program assists individuals working to achieve personal, educational and professional self sufficiency and advancement through the following services:
- Adult Classes – Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language and Computer Literacy.
- Employment Support Program – Support with obtaining and/or maintaining employment is provided through Career & Skills Assessment, Adult Classes & Professional Development Workshops and various Employment Activities.
HOPES CAP, Inc. Youth Services – Youth have a safe place to explore, learn and socialize during the school year when they enroll in the Youth Services Program and the Summer Computer Classes offered at the agency’s computer labs. Both programs offer opportunities for youth to develop technological skills through innovative hands on learning experiences.
Why It’s Important:
For nearly five decades HOPES CAP, Inc. has been providing the community’s neediest individuals and families with relevant services and programs. These programs have helped to educate young children, provided senior citizens with maintaining their self sufficiency and supported individuals with improving their lives through direct case management services.
HOPES CAP, Inc. utilizes the assistance of volunteers in a variety of ways for the many programs and services the agency offers. Volunteers can support HOPES CAP, Inc. with carrying out its mission through direct “hands on” assistance or by sharing their knowledge and/or expertise. Through volunteering Individuals have a chance to feel that they own a stake in their community and have made a positive impact in the lives of their neighbors. Volunteers also have opportunities to participate on committees, councils and boards when appropriate. To learn more about HOPES CAP, Inc. visit our website at www.hopes.org . For information about becoming a volunteer email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HOPES CAP, Inc. Administrative Office at 201-656-3711.