Hoboken White Weekend!

12/20/2009 Update:

More fresh, fluffy, and original Hoboken411 content!

What I love doing best, since 2006 – providing Hoboken residents with original ideas, content, sights and sounds of the Mile Square City we love, (most of the time.)

Here’s a few random shots I took at various points throughout the night. We’re still in the middle of quite a nice snow storm, and will expect over a foot of snow in total! Awesome! As happy as I am day to day, this is just the cherry on the cake! Feel like a kid again!

(These shots were taken on a trip from the movie theater down to midtown – plus a few “pick me ups,” wink, wink)

12/19/2009 Update:

Get ready for the snow!

Winter Storm Warning is still in effect for Hoboken – with snow expected to begin (and picking up) this afternoon. Official forecasters are predicting 8-14″ for our area. Get your errands done early today, and make sure you’re not parked on one of the Snow Emergency Route Streets! (see below). And if you have any interesting photos today or tomorrow, send them in to hoboken411@gmail.com.

Hoboken Winter Weather Snow December 19 2009

12/18/2009 Update:

Yep, we’re getting a snow storm! Hooray!

Now that a Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Hoboken and the NYC Tri-State area, it’s a good time to remind all drivers NOT to park on any of the designated Snow Emergency Streets!!

(Oh, and if you get some fun pictures of the snow this weekend, send ’em in to Hoboken411@gmail.com!)

Hoboken Snow Emergency December 2009 parking regulations

Snow Emergency Streets in Hoboken

  • Washington Street: (Both Sides)
  • Willow Avenue: (West Side – Observer Hwy to 11th Street)
  • Third Street: (North Side – Jackson Street to River Street)
  • Fourth Street: (South Side – River Street to Jackson Street)
  • Fifth Street: (South Side – Clinton Street to Hudson Street)
  • 13th Street: (North Side – Washington Street to Willow Avenue)

See previous updates after the jump!

12/17/2009:

Are we in for big daddy, or just hype?

Forecasters are debating the upcoming weather for this weekend, and it looks like someone is in for a nice whopper of a winter storm.

While they’ve been flip-flopping as to how much the NYC Tri-State area will get, they’re advising that we be aware of the potential, just in case.

“How much snow will fall in New York City remains uncertain at this time. The latest snowfall forecast is for significantly lower amounts, but that idea might have to be scrapped. Storms that become as strong as this one will often spread heavy precipitation farther north than expected.”

Stay Tuned!

Noreaster Hoboken NJ December 18 19 2009

Leave a Reply

45 Comments on "Hoboken White Weekend!"

hobposer
Member
hobposer

nice shots Nick!! I’d love to see someone photo shop the pic up wash st going uptown and place will smith and a dog in the middle of it, maybe a zombie or 2 coming out of the bank?

NickAdams
Member
NickAdams

Here’s a link to some photos I took of the snow earlier tonight if anyone is interested:
inourtimephotos.com/Street-Scenes/H...39148_XkD99/1/#745454427_Lh3J5-A-LB

aurora
Member
aurora

Just got back from a fun night out myself, and I have to say it wasn’t exceedingly pleasant to walk 10 blocks in the slippery snow! But looking at the relatively peaceful photos you took, it reminded me of the natural beauty of it all.

Good memories until the snow turns black and brown from all the dirt in this town. Glad to get under the covers now.

lily731
Member

so uh, shit. i’ve been parked on west side of willow for a few days. what does that mean? are they gonna brush all the big fat snow off my car to give me a big fat ticket? seriously asking, what are the consequences? thanks.

homeworld
Member

Impound lot.

In response to lily731 who said:
so uh, shit. i’ve been parked on west side of willow for a few days. what does that mean? are they gonna brush all the big fat snow off my car to give me a big fat ticket? seriously asking, what are the consequences? thanks.

plywood
Member
plywood

The last time an emergency was declared (quite a few years ago), they mostly didn’t ticket, but they did tow cars “illegally” parked to other ‘on street’ locations that were not listed as emergency routes and people had to roam the streets looking for their cars. They didn’t keep any records as to where cars were re-located to, and it was all over the place. You might want to call HPD and see what clues they have to offer about the status of this storm. If they declare an emergency, move your car or they may take matters into their own hands!

In response to lily731 who said:
so uh, shit. i’ve been parked on west side of willow for a few days. what does that mean? are they gonna brush all the big fat snow off my car to give me a big fat ticket? seriously asking, what are the consequences? thanks.

lily731
Member

oh lord. thanks. so there’s a foot of snow on the ground and weather.com says it “feels like 6 degrees” and i’m supposed to go out and move my car? wish i read this post in the morning, coulda moved the car right around when the snow was starting. actually looking forward to moving to the suburbs in some ways…

In response to plywood who said:
The last time an emergency was declared (quite a few years ago), they mostly didn’t ticket, but they did tow cars “illegally” parked to other ‘on street’ locations that were not listed as emergency routes and people had to roam the streets looking for their cars. They didn’t keep any records as to where cars were re-located to, and it was all over the place. You might want to call HPD and see what clues they have to offer about the status of this storm. If they declare an emergency, move your car or they may take matters into their own hands!

plywood
Member
plywood

I don’t want to move to the suburbs but it really would be nice to just have an assigned place to park. The amount of time, energy, thought and scheduling I give parking my vehicle is huge.
PS – Please don’t someone chime in with that “you don’t really need a car” routine. I do need one.

In response to lily731 who said:
oh lord. thanks. so there’s a foot of snow on the ground and weather.com says it “feels like 6 degrees” and i’m supposed to go out and move my car? wish i read this post in the morning, coulda moved the car right around when the snow was starting. actually looking forward to moving to the suburbs in some ways…

HansBrix
Member
HansBrix

I wants my epic blizzard dammit!

But I’ll settle for a vodka martini.

wpDiscuz