Hobokenpix: New Trash Bins…

12/9/2009:

[Continuing the ORIGINAL Hoboken411 “Photo of the Day” series…]

Hoboken Photos of the Day – 12/9/2009

In case you haven’t noticed – there are many new garbage cans placed around various sidewalk and park areas in Hoboken – hooray! While I think that’s just terrific, some folks don’t like the cheap metal mesh semi-transparent design, wishing they could be solid: “Looking at the trash in the bins is ugly!”

new-transparent-garbage-cans-hoboken-nj-2
new-transparent-garbage-cans-hoboken-nj-1

PS – if you have images collecting dust on your camera or hard drive – send them in for eventual inclusion on Hoboken411! Please state how you’d like to be credited in your email, and a description – if desired!!

Leave a Reply

12 Comments on "Hobokenpix: New Trash Bins…"

hobposer
Member
hobposer

With metal prices at an all time high I would not be surprised to see a post next week where the topic is missing trash bins. Flint Michigan had same problem last year when some1 stole all the manhole covers and took em to the scrap yard. Pwood?

plywood
Member
plywood

Here’s the headline: “With a park littered with thieves, city is just throwing money away on trash cans; plan to buy more is just rubbish, budget already in the dumps”

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
With metal prices at an all time high I would not be surprised to see a post next week where the topic is missing trash bins. Flint Michigan had same problem last year when some1 stole all the manhole covers and took em to the scrap yard. Pwood?

plywood
Member
plywood

Of course, that was just a throw-away line.

In response to plywood who said:
Here’s the headline: “With a park littered with thieves, city is just throwing money away on trash cans; plan to buy more is just rubbish, budget already in the dumps”

nighthawk
Member
nighthawk

STREAK!!! Lol!! I’m loving it. Somehow the cornier the joke, the funnier it is!!

plywood
Member
plywood

Of course the rub here is if the city purchased anything but the cheapest waste bins people would be chiming in about the town’s budget woes and the need to tighten the belt. In any event, it should be noted that if garbage cans are nice, they tend to get stolen! That’s why the old ones on Washington Street had a conical bottom and had to go in a harness that was bolted to the sidewalk – so the garbage can was useless to a thief unless they took the time to unbolt the harness from the sidewalk and steal it too. Plus another advantage to these new ones are they are made of a mesh so they don’t get as nasty as fast and need less maintenance (read $). Also harder to capsize in the wind. But I’ll bet plenty of them disappear anyway, they’re easy enough to pitch into a van surreptitiously. Hmmm, who pays for that? So there you go, more about garbage bins than you ever wanted to know.

nighthawk
Member
nighthawk

Very clever ply!!!!

nighthawk
Member
nighthawk

Some people just aren’t happy. You asked for more trash cans, they provided more. Now they aren’t good enough because u can see the trash?? Cmon!! A trash can is there to serve one purpose. Who cares if it’s “see thru”? Am I the only one that thinks some people are just being petty??

plywood
Member
plywood

And some people want to talk trash about everything, while others refuse. Now here’s their big chance, a ready topic at their disposal. This is one time that being a “has bin” is a good thing. To keep everyone happy, let’s just make a point of only throwing away attractive things.

In response to nighthawk who said:
Some people just aren’t happy. You asked for more trash cans, they provided more. Now they aren’t good enough because u can see the trash?? Cmon!! A trash can is there to serve one purpose. Who cares if it’s “see thru”? Am I the only one that thinks some people are just being petty??

homeworld
Member

I think you’re on a streak.

In response to plywood who said:
And some people want to talk trash about everything, while others refuse. Now here’s their big chance, a ready topic at their disposal. This is one time that being a “has bin” is a good thing. To keep everyone happy, let’s just make a point of only throwing away attractive things.

plywood
Member
plywood

At this point in time, me running around bare would not be a pretty sight. But seriously, I found out they wanted to leverage getting fancier trash bins, but the town didn’t qualify for the junk bonds.

In response to homeworld who said:
I think you’re on a streak.

wpDiscuz