Hobokenite arrested for NOT Tweeting

11/23/2009:

Hoboken411 reader Jeremy spotted this ridiculous story about some “Tween” pop-sensation Justin Bieber – and some Long Island mall stampede frenzy this past weekend – and how a Hoboken resident was arrested for not sending a Twitter message!

Bieber fans lose control at LI mall

justin-bieber-mall-appearance-gets-hoboken-man-james-roppo-arrestedPolice on Long Island had to shut down a mall appearance by teen pop singer Justin Bieber after thousands of young girls showed up, and got a little too wild.

Girls and adults in the Friday crowd of nearly 3,000 started pushing and shoving as they waited for the 15-year-old to show at a clothing store at the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City.

Bieber’s appearance was still two hours away when things got out of hand. Five people were taken to hospitals with minor injuries.

“People started screaming, ‘Justin!’ And they ran forward and the ropes collapsed,” said 13-year-old Aimee Macchi. She said she was knocked to the floor in the rush. “Everyone was pushing. There was no room to breathe.”

Def Jam VP & Hobokenite cuffed and charged

Police arrested a vice president from Bieber’s record label, Island Def Jam Records, saying he wasn’t cooperating with attempts to disperse the crowd.

James Roppo, 44, of Hoboken, N.J., was charged with a series of misdemeanors, including endangering the welfare of children and obstructing governmental administration.

“We asked for his help in getting the crowd to go away by sending out a Twitter message,” said Nassau County Police Det. Lt. Kevin Smith. “By not cooperating with us, we feel he put lives in danger and the public at risk.” Island Records, which released the Canadian teen’s first album, “My World,” this week, apologized to fans in a written statement. Some kids and their parents had camped out before dawn for the 4 p.m. event. Bieber never made it into the building.

“They are not allowing me to come into the mall,” he said in a message sent to fans through Twitter, the social networking service. He wrote that police had threatened to arrest him if he didn’t leave.

Bieber came to the attention of the music industry when he began posting videos of himself singing on YouTube in 2007.

Who the heck is Justin Bieber?

Some 15-year old kid with ultra-produced songs and videos, I gathered after checking some out on YouTube:

Leave a Reply

19 Comments on "Hobokenite arrested for NOT Tweeting"

MF
Member

isn’t it disturbing when a Miss USA contestant gets harder questions from the media than the President of the United States?..

Easy-E
Member

About 3 years into the Bush Presidency, I gave up all hope of that.

Funny that you’re just now becoming aware of it.

In response to MF who said:
isn’t it disturbing when a Miss USA contestant gets harder questions from the media than the President of the United States?..

plywood
Member
plywood

Let’s face it, it was just plain embarrassing watching Bush answer any question.

In response to Easy-E who said:
About 3 years into the Bush Presidency, I gave up all hope of that.

Funny that you’re just now becoming aware of it.

plywood
Member
plywood

Or maybe it’s one copy for the trailer and one copy for the men’s room at work.

hobposer
Member
hobposer

I have a summer share in Suffolk County on Fire Island (the straight part). There is a town there called Ocean Beach and I got a summons for walking on the sidewalk and eating a slice of pizza. Just like Hoboken St Pats day where an open container tickets goes from 100 to 1k, in Ocean Beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day, you can not do anything so the town is given the name “Land of the NO”. So this Long Island thing does not surprise me at all. For those of you that go to FI, i am sure you can relate and for those of you that want to go, stay in Ocean Bay Park, trust me

NickAdams
Member
NickAdams

Thank god you specified you were in “the straight part”! We might have thought you were in ( gasp!!) “the gay part”!!!!).

“stay in Ocean Bay Park” lol….that’s like the trailer park of Fire Island….

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
I have a summer share in Suffolk County on Fire Island (the straight part). There is a town there called Ocean Beach and I got a summons for walking on the sidewalk and eating a slice of pizza. Just like Hoboken St Pats day where an open container tickets goes from 100 to 1k, in Ocean Beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day, you can not do anything so the town is given the name “Land of the NO”. So this Long Island thing does not surprise me at all. For those of you that go to FI, i am sure you can relate and for those of you that want to go, stay in Ocean Bay Park, trust me

5thandmadison
Member
5thandmadison

Is it me or in the video is a 25 year old woman being pursued by a 14 year old boy who wears lipstick? That video is disturbing.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Hysterical! He did provide written promise to buy her expensive chocolates, but it’s still weird…

In response to 5thandmadison who said:
Is it me or in the video is a 25 year old woman being pursued by a 14 year old boy who wears lipstick? That video is disturbing.

YipYap
Member

For a good laugh Google

“south park episode promise ring”

story: Kenny takes his new girlfriend to a Jonas Brothers concert where they each get purity rings.

NotBornButRaised
Member
NotBornButRaised

That was a great episode. I loved it when the head of Disney showed up to talk to the Jonas Brothers.

In response to YipYap who said:
For a good laugh Google

“south park episode promise ring”

story: Kenny takes his new girlfriend to a Jonas Brothers concert where they each get purity rings.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

I love South Park. I hope they put together an episode about Elizabeth Lambert’s soccer madness:

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=51312

In response to NotBornButRaised who said:
That was a great episode. I loved it when the head of Disney showed up to talk to the Jonas Brothers.

NotBornButRaised
Member
NotBornButRaised

That would be cool. I’m also hoping for a “Sarah Palin promoting her book/Oprah deciding to end her show” episode. But it’ll have to wait. The water park episode from last week was their “season finale”.

In response to mooshu who said:
I love South Park. I hope they put together an episode about Elizabeth Lambert’s soccer madness:

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=51312

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Squeeze a little Carrie Prejean in there, somehow, and I think we have a winner.

Oh, my God. Have you seen the commercials offering two Going Rogues for the price of one?

In response to NotBornButRaised who said:
That would be cool. I’m also hoping for a “Sarah Palin promoting her book/Oprah deciding to end her show” episode. But it’ll have to wait. The water park episode from last week was their “season finale”.

plywood
Member
plywood

Two Going Rogues for the price of one? Is that so all the Palin fans can read it twice? She has so much to say I wouldn’t want to miss any nuances?#@&?! It couldn’t be because her book wasn’t well received…

In response to mooshu who said:
Squeeze a little Carrie Prejean in there, somehow, and I think we have a winner.

Oh, my God. Have you seen the commercials offering two Going Rogues for the price of one?

NotBornButRaised
Member
NotBornButRaised

I can see it now: Palin/Prejean 2012, with Glen Beck as their campaign manager. Or the boys could be assigned their books as a winter reading assignment. I’m sure the books are right on par with grammar school reading levels.

I haven’t seen that commercial. I’ll keep an eye out for it. It’s not surprising if those books don’t sell well after the initial media hype.

SNL did a funny bit this past week. They edited the trailer for the movie “2012” with Palin footage for a new scarier movie, “Palin 2012”.

In response to mooshu who said:
Squeeze a little Carrie Prejean in there, somehow, and I think we have a winner.

Oh, my God. Have you seen the commercials offering two Going Rogues for the price of one?

mooshu
Member
mooshu

You had me at Palin/Prejean 2012.

In response to NotBornButRaised who said:
I can see it now: Palin/Prejean 2012, with Glen Beck as their campaign manager. Or the boys could be assigned their books as a winter reading assignment. I’m sure the books are right on par with grammar school reading levels.

I haven’t seen that commercial. I’ll keep an eye out for it. It’s not surprising if those books don’t sell well after the initial media hype.

SNL did a funny bit this past week. They edited the trailer for the movie “2012” with Palin footage for a new scarier movie, “Palin 2012”.

wpDiscuz