Weekend Planner – Hoboken & Beyond!
What’s going on this weekend?
Looks like our weekend is shaping up pretty good (until later Sunday, that is..) – so what is going on in and around Hoboken?
See below for some fun options for you to choose from during this beautiful Fall weather!
Destination Suggestions courtesy of Hoboken411:
When was the last time you left Hoboken?
Well – I’ll plant some reminder seeds of what you’re missing in the tri-state area today:
- How about the famous Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular? Over 150 shows left this year.
- Head over to the Meadowlands tonight to see the NJ Nets vs. the NY Knicks!
- Hockey Fans can see the Rangers play the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden at 7pm.
- See a musical about New Jersey – in New York! “Jersey Boys” playing at the August Wilson Theater this weekend! Critically acclaimed!
- Speaking of NYC theater – West Side Story is back again!
- Some interesting live music tonight, too! Sonic Youth plays at Lincoln Center and 80’s band DEVO plays at Irving Plaza.
What about in the Mile Square city of Hoboken?
For the less adventurous types, we have:
- Check out the Hoboken High School Flea Market! (8th and Clinton) Starts at 9am – get there early, or don’t bother going at all. The good stuff will be gone right away!
- Love Rutgers College Football? Head over to The Shannon (106 First Street) at 3pm to hang with other Rutgers fans, and enjoy super drink specials!
- Something for the kids? The HOPES Fathers Group presents: FREE Family Movie Night! Rue Building (301 Garden Street) – Showing Monsters, Inc. at 6pm! With Pizza and other snacks!
- More Kiddie Stuff? Swing by the Monroe Center Theaterspace at 720 Monroe Street to see Starmites – a Sci-Fi adventure! Two shows – 2pm and 8pm.
- A production of Sophocles’ Antigone at the Hudson School (Park and Sixth) tonight at 8pm!
What about Sunday?
If you’re busy today – and want to do something more casual tomorrow…