Hoboken Week in Review – 11/8/2009
Election nonsense is now OVER!
2009 will quite possibly go down as the single worst political year in Hoboken. Let’s just say we’re all collectively glad it’s over (except for those who get their rocks off). Now we can focus on actual life in town, rather than the lies, egos, pandering and hobnobbing that has taken place. Whew!
So what made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, November 8, 2009?
Forget politics – The Yankees winning the World Series over the Phillies was the most important story of the week! Whoo Hoo!
Dawn Zimmer finally graduates from Dave Roberts Mayoral Acting School – and is set to walk in his footsteps. Hoboken411 will demonstrate as time progresses…
Poor former mini-Mayor Peter C. was spotted a few times around Hoboken.
More high-rise towers approved in SW Hoboken, paving the way for more flooding, not open space and parks. Watch developers line up like the day before an iPhone sale.
How do you handle dry cleaner disputes? What’s your favorite one in town?
Multiple residents are once again noticing Cablevision performance issues.
Is it possible Pit-Bull problems have nothing to do with whether they’re raised properly?
Do we really need to clean the streets so often? Especially if the dang machinery just swishes the trash around in circles?
Will we ever see a sensible, well run city council meeting in our lifetimes? Odds are not looking good.
- REVIEWED: The Hoboken Man Salon gets a nice guest spotlight; McCarthy’s Pub is pretty nice for a narrow bar; and The Taco Truck gets a video segment on ABC News.
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Attend a free Home Buyers Seminar at Turning Point. Free coffee and learn about the market. (5pm TODAY – Sunday)
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday – Continues for another week (uptown is finished for the year)
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- And don’t forget to mark your calendars for THIS FRIDAY, November 13th – as the 6th Not-So-Annual Hoboken Elks Comedy night takes place!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Inflamed by greed, incensed by hate, confused by delusion, overcome by them, obsessed by mind, a man chooses for his own affliction, for others’ affliction, for the affliction of both and experiences pain and grief”– Buddha