Readerpix: Typical car burglary

10/20/2009:

Hoboken411 reader Julie sent in a few pics of what a typical Hoboken car burglary looks like – and for the past couple years, it usually has something to do with idiots leaving their GPS units in plain sight. Frankly, it comes down to laziness – if you don’t want to take the time to read a map, or take the time to safely secure your belongings – you might actually deserve this punishment.

Hoboken411 reader photo of the day – 10/20/2009

car-breakins-in-hoboken-nj-reader-photo-photo-of-the-day

[Stay tuned for the next Readerpix entry! – Note: one reader’s photo(s) will be featured from time to time. Unless your photo is time-sensitive – it will be published in the order it was received! Additional note: Your pictures will have a better chance of being published if they’re in “landscape” mode, as opposed to the taller “portrait” modes… ]

Leave a Reply

41 Comments on "Readerpix: Typical car burglary"

HansBrix
Member
HansBrix

In this context…

Lazy = resistant to academic effort or productive endeavor. See also: “keeping it real” or “keeping it gangsta”. While technically not lazy (as in “indolent”) the net societal benefit is the same or worse.

HansBrix
Member
HansBrix

Lazy? Or merely incompatible with mainstream American society?

jcboyz
Member
jcboyz

Here you go LIBERAL! Check this link out and keep supporting the LAZY!

(video enabled by admin)

hobposer
Member
hobposer

So nice of Andre to close car doors after he is done. I remember when this video when it came out, it was a set up and was supposed to be used for a car alarm commercial, the guy doing the robberies is an actor. If he was a car thief he’d have window broken in one hit and would not close the doors

In response to jcboyz who said:
Here you go LIBERAL! Check this link out and keep supporting the LAZY!

(video enabled by admin)

Easy-E
Member

A car with it’s interior lights on attracts more attention. You won’t know your car has been robbed until you got right up to your door.

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
So nice of Andre to close car doors after he is done. I remember when this video when it came out, it was a set up and was supposed to be used for a car alarm commercial, the guy doing the robberies is an actor. If he was a car thief he’d have window broken in one hit and would not close the doors

justaview
Member
justaview

he don’t look to lazy to me, he was workin hard!

In response to jcboyz who said:
Here you go LIBERAL! Check this link out and keep supporting the LAZY!

(video enabled by admin)

helloimwes
Member
helloimwes

I’m guessing you’re hoping to legitimize your point by posting a random video from a site that also calls dramatic chipmunk, Tron Guy, and Tay Zonday their own. If it’s on the internetz (there, I added the “z” to help you understand better) it MUST be true!

Tell me, as your vernacular is so clearly throwing you under the bus, which minority group do you hate for oppressing the moral white majority more: blacks or hispanics?

In response to jcboyz who said:
Here you go LIBERAL! Check this link out and keep supporting the LAZY!

(video enabled by admin)

jcboyz
Member
jcboyz

Oh hellodummy, give me a break! The guy in the video is a perfect example of someone that does not want to work for a living. I never brought race into the issue but YOU DID! Typical Liberal tactic… So predictable and boring. Next your going to tell me you live in Neuman Leather! That will flatened soon enough. Anyway, back to the topic. White/black/brown, doesn’t matter, I believe many people are lazy and choose not to work. They would rather break into a citizens vehicle and sell what ever they can get their hands on yet your kind will defend them. Just wait until it happens to you…

In response to helloimwes who said:
I’m guessing you’re hoping to legitimize your point by posting a random video from a site that also calls dramatic chipmunk, Tron Guy, and Tay Zonday their own. If it’s on the internetz (there, I added the “z” to help you understand better) it MUST be true!

Tell me, as your vernacular is so clearly throwing you under the bus, which minority group do you hate for oppressing the moral white majority more: blacks or hispanics?

helloimwes
Member
helloimwes
Main Entry: la·zy Pronunciation: \ˈlā-zē\ 1 a : disinclined to activity or exertion : not energetic or vigorous b : encouraging inactivity or indolence 2 : moving slowly : sluggish 3 : droopy, lax 4 : placed on its side 5 : not rigorous or strict —- Main Entry: crim·i·nal Pronunciation: \ˈkri-mə-nəl, ˈkrim-nəl\ 1 : relating to, involving, or being a crime 2 : relating to crime or to the prosecution of suspects in a crime 3 : guilty of crime; also : of or befitting a criminal 4 : disgraceful —- Main Entry: my.kind Pronunciation: \ˈmai-ki-nd\ 1 : one belonging to or acknowledges reality, and/or possesses ability to understand life outside own head 2 : owning the ability to define common words, or at best be able to use dictionary.com for proper usage 3 : avoids blanket generalization via stereotype and closet racism 4 : does not use “z” for pluralization In response to jcboyz who said: Oh hellodummy, give me a break! The guy in the video is a perfect example of someone that does not want to work for a living. I never brought race into the issue but YOU DID! Typical Liberal tactic… So predictable and boring. Next your going to tell me you live in Neuman Leather! That will flatened soon enough. Anyway, back to the topic. White/black/brown, doesn’t matter, I believe many people are lazy and choose not to work. They would rather break into a citizens vehicle and sell what ever they can… Read more »
HansBrix
Member
HansBrix

Being deserved or not is besides the point. This matter has to do with misjudgement of risk.

If you know that Shoprite trucks are a hazzard to cars and you still park where those trucks manuver then you’ve assumed the risk because you’ve put you ride in harms way. I’ll go further to say you’re just plain dumb.

But if you prefer to live in The Perfect World that’s your choice.

homeworld
Member

By this same logic, and on another topic I’ve seen complaints about frequently:

People who park near Shop Rite deserve to have their cars smashed by hit-and-run trucks. I mean, what were they thinking parking on a street obviously not designed for the maneuverability of a 65 foot long trailer truck?

wpDiscuz